Fun stuff to do with not too much money

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am off this weekend and I want to do something fun but its not pay week so I don't have much money.

Any suggestions? Outdoor stuff is fine, its supposed to be 24 degrees tomorrow.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
My suggestions:

- picnic
- bike ride
- go outside, take pictures of spring flowers. Then you could have some printed and buy cheap frames for them. Or just take random pictures of your neighborhood. You could also walk around the neighborhood and take pics of as many cats as possible.
- go play outside with a dog (if you don't have one, just borrow one
)
- hiking
- birdwatching (you can probably find a book of bird species at the library)

or the most fun activity of all.... come to my place and help me with my Spring cleaning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

My suggestions:

- picnic
- bike ride
- go outside, take pictures of spring flowers. Then you could have some printed and buy cheap frames for them. Or just take random pictures of your neighborhood. You could also walk around the neighborhood and take pics of as many cats as possible.
)
- hiking

or the most fun activity of all.... come to my place and help me with my Spring cleaning
I was thinking maybe a picnic. I don't have a bike, I had an accident on one about 10 years ago and only rode one for the first time since that last summer. I do want to buy a bike eventually though.

I was thinking about going here. http://www.ontarioparks.com/ENGLISH/portb.html I have never been there before and its not too far from here.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

My suggestions:

- picnic
- bike ride
)
- hiking

All great ideas. Check out the local college and university web sites, too -- they have a lot of concerts, lectures, and other programs that are free and open to the public. Here in the States, libraries will lend DVDs and CDs as well as books -- do they do the same in Canada?

Have some people over for a potluck -- to make it more fun, have a theme, for example, get a movie and have people bring dishes related to the movie.

Whatever you do, have a great time!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to suggest Library too. Our library has a bench that sits right by the creek. Perfect place to take a book. I'm assuming you mean 24C, right? I think in F and was thinking it was a bit chilly, LOL.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
It was 81F here today... I grabbed a blanket, the radio, my book and the dog and cat and hit the backyard for a few hours (you could do the same at a park, maybe without the critters lol)... cat was in his harness and on his tie out and he and the dog shared the shade spots (I had to bribe the cat with cookies cuz he didn't want to come inside!)... I on the other hand FORGOT MY SUNSCREEN! If you do go outside, remember the sun screen - it may be April, but my back is magenta colored tonite! Otherwise, I really enjoyed the day out there in the sun reading... nice change from the nasty coldness.. now to master the art of getting the Gold Bond Medicated Powder successfully on my back without making the bathroom look like a scene from the movie Blow....

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riding a bike, walking, going out to eat for lunch and sharing a plate, everyone has good ideas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I was going to suggest Library too. Our library has a bench that sits right by the creek. Perfect place to take a book. I'm assuming you mean 24C, right? I think in F and was thinking it was a bit chilly, LOL.
Yeah C not F.
I should have said C.

We decided to drive down to Niagara Falls again for the night. Theres not a whole lot to do around here and we both really enjoy Niagara Falls.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Yeah C not F.
I should have said C.

We decided to drive down to Niagara Falls again for the night. Theres not a whole lot to do around here and we both really enjoy Niagara Falls.
Good idea. Niagara Falls is amazing.