The show is tomorrow!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's crunch time and the show is tomorrow! I took today off to give Maxx his bath and get him ready. The neighbor across the hall slammed their door and it startled him and I accidentally cut two of his whiskers when I was using the thinning shears on his face. Should I get rid of those two completely? I feel like such a heel for doing that. Any last minute advice for this greenie?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I would not cut off the remaining wiskers, but maybe "even" them up on the other side. How noticable is it?
They are quite a bit shorter then the others so I think they are pretty noticeable. Should I even them up or leave them?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe let it go, wait till you get there, ask some other Persian people what to do or wait and see if any judge mentioned it. If they do, then take care of them.

The judge may or may not notice - its not a part of the standard about penalizing for cut whiskers
I think wait till tomorrow to decide what to do.

I've never had it happen!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Maybe let it go, wait till you get there, ask some other Persian people what to do or wait and see if any judge mentioned it. If they do, then take care of them.

The judge may or may not notice - its not a part of the standard about penalizing for cut whiskers
I think wait till tomorrow to decide what to do.

I've never had it happen!
I should have known something would happen at the last minute!
Thanks, I think I will wait and see what happens.

Originally Posted by sharky

and good luck
Thanks so much Jennifer! To be sure, I'll be reporting back tomorrow night!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel too bad. Spooky (my rex) got gum on the end of his tail....don't ask....son "helped". I got most of it out, but had to nip off the end hairs on his tail. So the fur didn't come to a point.

Was gonna tell the judge if anyone questioned (fur grows back) but no one noticed

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Paulena

No suggestion, but, Best Of Luck at the Show Tomorrow!!
Yes...best of luck.

no matter what happens at the show,
Maxx is a winner.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
For all the help AND support!

I just got done giving Maxx his show bath and grooming. He tolerates it all very well.... except for when I do his tail and bottom. There is fur flying everywhere!
But I think he looks great. An hour or so and he will have forgotten all about having his tail and bottom violated.

Now all I have to do is get together everything I need to take with me tomorrow and have it all in one place ready and waiting.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck

I wouldn't worry too much about the whiskers, Farley and Ana are often shown with a few whiskers chewed off halfway (thanks Demetri) they always get the comment "someone loves you very much"

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Good luck

I wouldn't worry too much about the whiskers, Farley and Ana are often shown with a few whiskers chewed off halfway (thanks Demetri) they always get the comment "someone loves you very much"
Good to know. Thanks!

Just remember to put the cat in the carrier before you leave
Oh yeah. I guess I better remember that!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw this and know you are off at your show...hope this first day went well!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back from the show! And I'm exhausted! But Maxx got his 6 winners ribbons and 6 first place ribbons and is now a premier!
It's kind of a bitter sweet deal because he didn't have any competition as a LH Open. So I'm glad he got it but it was by default. He had a little bit of competition as a Bi color and he was 2nd best there (all 6 rings). Best of color (all 6 rings).

I some pictures taken of him while I was there. I only have one of them now and I'll get the others in a week or two. I couldn't resist because he looked so good and I can never get him with his eyes wide open. So introducing Premier Luvstori's Taking It 2 The Maxx!