So angry with Luxor right now I have to leave soon.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so angry with Luxor right now. Tears are streaming down my cheeks and I don't know what else to do. Luxor chews on everything - his tail, Stoli's ear, my clothes.

Not DH's clothes, mine.

He's chewed the tie off a beautiful pair of white linen pants - brand new worn once.

He's chewed off the tie on an adorable shirt that tied in the back. Brand new worn twice.

He's now chewed off the tie on a BRAND new pair of green linen pants, never worn.

It's not like I don't know that he does this - I seriously think about where I'm putting stuff and how to fix it so there is nothing dangling. He still eats my clothes. Anthony leaves out his shoes all the time and Luxor never touches those laces, nooooooooo.

I have door stops on the closet door in the 'cats' room, they haven't been able to get in there in a while. I've locked the cat door between the two closets. And I've been putting stuff in front of the closet in my room so he can't get in there. I just cleaned out the closet yesterday and reorganized my wardrobe etc. Luxor must have gotten into my closet in the middle of the night last night to chew my effing green pants.

I just bought them Wednesday afternoon. The tag was still on them. I hadn't bought any spring clothes yet - I was saving up for linen pants.

So now I have these massive wooden hangers wedged underneath my closet doors now so whenever I have to get in the closet I'll have the convenience of taking the wedges out before I can get my clothes, then putting them back in.

I know I should probably be really concerned about Luxor and hoping that he's going to be ok since he ate about 4 inches worth. It just never seems to phase him when he eats this stuff and doesn't get anything worse than a vomit session. I should probably be glad.

I'm just so angry that a brand new pair of pants that I spent way too much on is ruined. I don't even want to wear them with the tie all chewed like that. I refuse to buy cheap 'dollar store' clothes because they fall apart after a couple of uses.

Going to go give luxor some fur ball formula and them I'm leaving.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh so he's actually swallowed it as well
Jacks terrible for chewing still, and i have to keep my bedroom door closed if i'm not there and things out of his reach

Awwww but look at his sweet face in your siggy

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how frustrating! I'm sorry for your pants. I hope Luxor is OK too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Luxor doesn't just chew - he eats. I keep my bedroom door closed too - I mean I can't keep them out of it entirely - it's like it's his job to wait until the first moment he can - then gobble gobble - he eats anything of mine in sight.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does he reach things hanging in your closet? Is there any way to raise the level of the clothes rod in your closet?

What about putting mirror tiles or mirrors on your closet doors to make them heavier so he can't push them aside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a good idea about the mirror..I think I'd have to change the door though - it's not smooth. He jumps up and pulls my clothes down....seriously. he's a devil.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't there some childproof lock things you can get for the doors??

Are the ties on the clothes able to be fixed-just shortened a bit and sewn back together??
You could post some pics as you know there are several of of sewing types that could recommend repair.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I saw a home improvement show where they put some kind of catch on the closet door to keep the kiddos from opening it.

I feel your pain...anytime Bella sees a rubber band she's got to eat it
she can do it with amazing speed...but of course that's mostly concern for her health. It's like an all-consuming passion for eating rubber bands.

I can't imagine what it would be like if she were gobbling up my clothes.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

i have one of the hook/eye closures on mine [like you see on screen doors] because my door won't latch [lo-quality door/latch, etc] & they kept going in. mine don't eat, but the latch cuts down on the cat hair on my clothes.
hope Luxor suffers no ill effects from his pants-eating binge! seems like he has some kind of taste for linen - maybe that's why he doesn't mess w/shoelaces...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas chewed one of the ties off a pair of my pants... linen ones, too, in fact.... only I was wearing them at the time. It was certainly a strange thing to wake up to from a nap.

Some of the ties and laces should be easy enough to replace, and I hope you're able to do so. If there's something that may be difficult to do that with, such as the shirt, post a picture of it on here and hopefully someone can give you some good and even creative suggestions.
Depending on your doors, either get a hook and eye type latch or look at the sliding latches. Luckily the closets here have a normal type door with a handle, the cats are not allowed in the closets at all.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how upset you are. I woke up one morning to find 4 dining rooms chairs chewed at the top. It was our first set and very nice. I hope you find a solution for both of you.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bad Luxor, BAD.

I am glad Rupert and Stewie do not chew or eat things. Hope the tie will just come right out....

Perhaps the chewed up ties are of a new fashion?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was in my apartment i had to have child proof locks on all of my cabinets and drawers because as a Unit Duke and Sibohan would get into anything and everything. When they were seperate they would sleep but if they were together they would get into all kinds of trouble.

Now my dog Kyra eats the ties off everything

I hope Luxor is okay

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I so feel your pain, only Stumpy chews cables, not clothes, and she has cost us a fortune in replacement cables - particularly when she's chewed through things where you have to replace the whole device, and not just the cable. She also eats stringy things.

And like you - the fear of her zapping herself, or getting the bits of string caught inside her initially take a backseat to my anger and frustration at what she's done.

There's no way of stopping it - we have had to cover every cable in the house with convoluted cable, and keep away anything stringy. There's still strings on pants and bra straps that have been chewed, but it happens less now that we're more careful.

It's so hard knowing that the kitty doesn't understand, and now being able to do anything about it.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH sweetie that's awful
I know how you feel - I fostered a kitty that chewed EVERYTHING - unfortunately for him, it killed him. He found a thread in the middle of the night that was dangling from the sofa.... ate, swallowed and swallowed in total (after major surjery to remove it all) what amounted to 2.5 METRES! The surgery went well, but he caught an infection in the wounds (he was cut in his stomach and his intestines) which was always going to be the risk. So I sincerely hope that Luxor will be alright. Very likely he will if he's not eaten very much of it.

I agree with the child-locks on things - and just out of curiosity - why are there cat-flaps on the closets in the first place? Are they walk-in closets?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont hang them up!!

I have the exact same problem, ive resorted to putting them in the drawers or in a cupboard folded.

Unfortunately they ate one of the strings on my dress i just wrapped it in a plastig bag and put it away.

I have a worse problem with them though every night i wake up to kaylee chewing the ends of plastig bags it drives me nuts!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Trout would do the same thing if she could get into my closet. I have a closet door so I am lucky. She eats EVERYTHING.

Sorry about your pants though

One time Trout got into my closet and walked across the hangers and caused holes in all my stuff with her claws
I was SO MAD.