Cat Friendly Hotels & Motels?

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we're moving and the drive will take 2 days. Are there any national chains of motels/hotels that are known for being pet-friendly? In the town I live in right now, I know of a few independent hotels that allow pets but that obviously does me no good while I'm on the road...

Also, do they charge some sort of pet deposit or additional fee? If so, what is a reasonable rate to expect for that sort of thing?

laserray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Holiday Inn web site will layout your route and you can set a filter for pet friendly hotels.
Works like a charm for me.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

So we're moving and the drive will take 2 days. Are there any national chains of motels/hotels that are known for being pet-friendly? In the town I live in right now, I know of a few independent hotels that allow pets but that obviously does me no good while I'm on the road...

Also, do they charge some sort of pet deposit or additional fee? If so, what is a reasonable rate to expect for that sort of thing?
I am staying in "Staybridge" for 12 days and they are only charging me $50 for both my cats that whole time. The people across from me have three cats and they are paying the same.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most chains don't mind pets. The more expensive ones probably are more fussy, but ones like Motel 6, Motel 8, Americainn, etc. are pet friendly.

A few things when staying to make it nice for future pet owners.

1. Put the litter pan in the bathroom but NOT in the tub.

2. Have a small brush/pan to sweep up any litter on the floor.

3. Do NOT dispose of the used litter in the toilet, tub or in the trash cans. If you want to empty the pans, bring your own plastic bag, and tie it up and dispose of it in a larger trash can.

4. Do NOT put litter in the bathtub!

IMO your room should look like there was no animals in it

The #4 one is from a show - some dumb (mildly) exhibitor actually put litter in the bath tub for the cat to use. The club was banned from the hotel and had to pay for the problems it caused!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The #4 one is from a show - some dumb (mildly) exhibitor actually put litter in the bath tub for the cat to use. The club was banned from the hotel and had to pay for the problems it caused!
My brain exploded while trying to understand that one. Just...why????

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i always put the box under the sink since it was usually tiled and a lot bigger than the bathroom lol

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okiron - I thought the same thing. It shocked me when I heard about it. I can't imagine anyone in their right minds just putting litter in the tub. I kept thinking..."does this owner do that in their OWN home"!