Cat Playhouse..anyone have one?

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about ordering this 4 level cardboard playhouse for my kitties.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...id=14098&rel=1

I make cardboard playhouses for the cats all the time out of old boxes and they love them, but the ones I make are really ugly and are only one story.

Has anyone gotten one of these for their cats? If so, did they like it?

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i dont have a cardboard playhouse but i have a playcenter that is like nylon cubes that i got from wal mart and squishy and smokey loooooove it!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just ordered the playhouse today.
There were a lot of good reviews on the Fosters and Smith site. My two already have a couple of cat trees but they like cardboard boxes so hopefully this will keep them entertained for at least a few minutes each day.

I've also seen the nylon play centers. Those look like fun too.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really cool. My cat loves boxes, I think she would love that. Lucky kitties you have there

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha oh thats super cute!

Hey, who was the person on this site that makes the really good carpeted tree climbing ones?

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Personally, I'd save the $40 and make one!
I've actually made quite a few activity centers but they are only single story and since they're out of old boxes they are not very attractive. The cats have loved the one's I've made myself that's why I thought I'd invest in this one.

This "cottage" is multiple stories and I think it looks kinda cute.
I want something I don't have to "hide" when company is over.

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that ones really good too! but the one im remembering was like a big branch as if it had just been pulled from outside, it looked really natural. Hmmm it was a loooong time ago that i saw it here

oh well

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had some good "box houses." I doubt the cats care what's printed on the outside...

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can cats that are front declawed use these playhouses? I think I might get one for Tom so he can entertain himself rather than destroy my apartment...

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

Can cats that are front declawed use these playhouses? I think I might get one for Tom so he can entertain himself rather than destroy my apartment...
I'm sure they could. A cat would not need claws to climb or jump from layer to layer on the inside.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't get me wrong; I think mine would enjoy that playhouse. Unless, of course, I wanted them to.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by save_adopt

that ones really good too! but the one im remembering was like a big branch as if it had just been pulled from outside, it looked really natural. Hmmm it was a loooong time ago that i saw it here

oh well
i know which one you mean - this one!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the nylon one from Walmart. Hennessy loves it... I keep think I should get the other kinds and see if I can hook them together somehow.

zenoah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Knowing Kisa she may avoid it. I think she's content with her toybox bed and the multitude of her toys inside.
Looks like a fun thing for the shelter cats thou!

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really like that--let us know how it works out for you.....I am just worried that Pan is such a destruct-o all the time that he would kill it in about a week....if it would hold up, I think I would get it!

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm really sure they will absolutely love climbing up and down the 5 levels. Forrest likes to punch his teeth through cardboard sometimes, but he never chews pieces off. Lilly is always the perfect lady and certainly would not destroy it at all so hopefully the playhouse will last a while.

I'll give everyone an update to tell how they like it.