Strange things your cats do

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Tikki once decided that he had to be RIGHT were I was going to sit down the exact second that I was sitting there...the problem was I was 400+ pounds at the time. Yep...sat right on him...funny thing is he didn't meow or anything. I got up immediatly and checked to see if he was still alive(that was a real fear of mine seeing how he didn't even make a sound) and he just looked at me, shook his head, and meowed at me and the look said "Hey why did you get up it was warm under there". I still checked for any broken bones(never can be to careful with that much weight on top of a cat) and there were none so I was relieved. When I sat on the other end of the couch he came over and sat on me...don't know if he was trying to get revenge or if he just wanted to cuddle but he started to lick my hands also so I think he was okay with it. My dad flipped out though and continued to yell for the next five minutes...

My cat Tomnus once fell into the toilet when I forgot to put the seat down(haddn't broken him of the bad habbit of drinking from the toilet). The bad part is that I had forgotten to flush also...so he fell into a toilet filled with pee...That was the day he learned not to drink out of a toilet, and he also learned that showers are no fun. Man did I feel bad for letting it happen though...I should have flushed and then put the seat down...

So what is the strangest thing your cat has ever done.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

My cat Tomnus once fell into the toilet when I forgot to put the seat down(haddn't broken him of the bad habbit of drinking from the toilet). The bad part is that I had forgotten to flush also...so he fell into a toilet filled with pee..
Well at least Tomnus interest in toilet water is over.

The only thing that comes to my mind now is when San got tangled up in a beach towel that was drying on top of those folding clothes racks. The towel was on top so it looked like it was covering a table. San was on the tree some meters away. He climbed down to a branch and jumped on the towel. The whole thing of course folded up with San right in the middle of it. It's a miracle he did not get hurt.
The result of this experience is that San loves to pull anything off the clothes rack as if he is warning me that it is dangerous.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

My cat Tikki once decided that he had to be RIGHT were I was going to sit down the exact second that I was sitting there...the problem was I was 400+ pounds at the time. Yep...sat right on him...funny thing is he didn't meow or anything. I got up immediatly and checked to see if he was still alive(that was a real fear of mine seeing how he didn't even make a sound) and he just looked at me, shook his head, and meowed at me and the look said "Hey why did you get up it was warm under there". I still checked for any broken bones(never can be to careful with that much weight on top of a cat) and there were none so I was relieved. When I sat on the other end of the couch he came over and sat on me...don't know if he was trying to get revenge or if he just wanted to cuddle but he started to lick my hands also so I think he was okay with it. My dad flipped out though and continued to yell for the next five minutes...

My cat Tomnus once fell into the toilet when I forgot to put the seat down(haddn't broken him of the bad habbit of drinking from the toilet). The bad part is that I had forgotten to flush also...so he fell into a toilet filled with pee...That was the day he learned not to drink out of a toilet, and he also learned that showers are no fun. Man did I feel bad for letting it happen though...I should have flushed and then put the seat down...

So what is the strangest thing your cat has ever done.
We just moved out of a house that had a long hallway that led to the bedrooms. Persi insisted on laying right in the middle of that hall, dead center so that it was almost impossible to get around him without stepping on him. Due to this behavior, I am wondering about the new house we will soon be moving in to. It has three floors so I can visualize him resting right in the middle of the stairways. Mark my words, this is going to put somebody in the hospital.

clumsy kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a brilliant thread.
Oscar has also fallen down the toilet. Twice. Mucky paw prints all over the bathroom. He must have jumped out of the loo and straight into the bath. It's better than all over the bed hey

He's also gotten himself stuck under the bath when we got it fitted. There was a floorboard missing. We kept him downstairs whilst it was being done, but he must have snuck up. I was doing the washing up downstairs and I heard this terrible scratching. I thought the devil had come to get me !! I ran upstairs, and suddenly I realised what the noise was. I got down on my hands and knees, couldn't see anything. Then suddenly this little pair of eyes popped up, nearly gave me a heart attack. He was pretty relaxed, so I took a few photos, I was in fits - take a look if you like. Sorry I don't know how to upload them into posts, I don't think I'm allowed yet!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/PA200066.jpg

Funny stuff.
He also got up on the ironing board. He has a lovely snuggly bed only a metre away from him, but he chooses the ironing board. Sheesh.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...e/PA130001.jpg

smiffygans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Peekaboo likes to lay on the very edge of the bathtub while I am in it. Sometimes he tries to get on my knees when he can see them, it usually ends very badly, but he never learns his lesson.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I think Tom stole the cake for strange things today...

Like I said in my picture post we are on vacation now up at my summer home and we have a screened in porch. This is the first them Tom has been up here with out there being about 3-4 feet of snow on the ground so I thought he would like to explore the porch today. I put him out there and he looked very scared. This is the first time he has been out in the fresh air with out being in a cage and I could tell he didn't know what to make of it. Not to mention that there were birds singing and stuff and he isn't used to that. Well I left him out there for about 20 minutes just to get aclimated and he did eventually clam down and lay down on a picnic table we have on the porch so I thought he was fine. Well the internet was down when I got here so I was talking with the repair guy that I got to come out on a Saturday(I was really impressed he came out on the weekend). Anyway I was telling him what was wrong with the internet when Tom jumped up and his his head on the screen door window(about 4 feet off the ground). I could have sworn he knocked himself out so I went out immdiatly(okay okay as soon as I stopped laughing) and went to check on him. He was fine and came running in and proceeded to meow at the repair man. Apparently he thought the repair man was going to hurt me and was trying to protect me. He even went as far as to start pawing at the guys legs trying to scratch him but he's declawed in the front. The repair man fixed the problem and made a hasty retreat and then Tom came over and wrapped himself around my legs a few times while purring VERY loudly.

And this has to be the strangest thing i have ever seen...risking his neck(he could have easily broken it the way he hit the glass) just to protect me. It was also very cute and it made me remember how much I love him(kind of forgot due to his bad behavior earlier this morning but thats another story which I post up in the behavior section).

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What do my cats do thats NOT strange!

Hatchet likes to drink out of the toilet too.He also tore the shower curtain down,so I try to keep the bathroom door closed now.But he seems pretty clumsy! He fell in the toilet before as well as the fish tank (more then once!).He never learns his lesson.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to find muddy paw prints from Shark in the toilet bowl where she used to drink from it! Until one time she fell down it head first and re-emerged soaking wet

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At night, when I'm trying to sleep (on my side), one of my cats, Cali, comes and lays across my NECK!!!!! She lays across it in such a way that NEVER choaks me, it just gets really hot. I am the only one she does it too. My sister trys to get her to do it to her, but after a moment, Cali comes to me again. She can sleep on me like this ALL night.

Does anyone have cats that do this? Does anyone know why she does it? And does it ONLY to me? My sister says she sees me as her mom

That is just one of the MANY things that my cats, Cali and Ripley, do.

clumsy kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IBelongInTheZoo

At night, when I'm trying to sleep (on my side), one of my cats, Cali, comes and lays across my NECK!!!!! She lays across it in such a way that NEVER choaks me, it just gets really hot. I am the only one she does it too. My sister trys to get her to do it to her, but after a moment, Cali comes to me again. She can sleep on me like this ALL night.

Does anyone have cats that do this? Does anyone know why she does it? And does it ONLY to me? My sister says she sees me as her mom

That is just one of the MANY things that my cats, Cali and Ripley, do.
Sounds like a protective thing on her part actually. The throat is a vulnerable place on most creatures, including cats. One of my parents' cats rests her neck on my dad's leg, he's the only she trusts - equally, she'll only sleep on his side of the bed, even though it's further from the door than my mum's. So, if your cat is sleeping across your neck it's probably her way of saying 'this is my mum and you're not gonna hurt her'

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
chloe used to sleep across my throat when she was a kitten. then she had a massive growth spurt and would almost suffocate me lol. when i slept on my stomach, chloe would sleep in the small of my back. it was really sweet.
i tried to warn my mom about it when i moved back in with her but she didnt believe me, but one night chloe slept across her throat and covered almost her entire face and she realized id been telling the truth

hermione2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Buddy has a chair that he lays in....and if we move that chair, he gets confused! He also goes to the door when he wants to go outside. Smart boy! He likes to put his front paws on the edge of the tub when my mom is taking a bath, and he used to drink out of the toilet.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess when I got Zoey our Bengal all the strange things that my other cats do got forgotten. Zoey has a daily list of activities that are unique. Zoey picks up her huge stainless steel water bowl(it is the size of a big mixing bowl) with her teeth and pulls it across the floor then picks it up and dumps the water. This creates a big water mess from the kitchen into the living room. Then she knocks down the peacock feathers that are in a vase and pulls one out to play with. She goes in the bathroom and pulls towels off the towel rack with her teeth. Then she has her toy octopus that she drags around the house growling at everyone who might dare to take it away. The list goes on and on!! She is a character!

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat got stuck on top of a door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it took the poor cat about an hour to get my cat down! i was so scared! but my cats ok and managed to get down but its was soooooo scarey! although there was the time my old can climbed all the way up the screen and hung there!