*****KatKwiz! - April 17 - KatKwery winner!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery: After several days of nobody using the word of the day, yesterday several members used the word of the day, which was toy. But whiteforest used it first so wins the 3,500 points and takes the lead in the race to the 100,000 point KatKwery Bowl!

Speaking of the secret word toy, how many times has Anne used that word (toy, not toys.)

Note: I am moving into a hotel later today. I am not sure how this laptop is going to work there. I hope things are seamless, but just wanted to give a heads up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

28 ? ........
28 is the correct answer!
Congratulations!

Answer: Click on Search above, then click on Advanced Search. Then put Anne in the Search by User Name box and then put toy in the Search by Key Word box and click on Seach Now. Then do a mouse over on the Page 1 of 2 to get the answer.

KatKwery: (700 points)

Here are the standings so far:

whiteforest 3,500
luvmycat1 2,100
silvionc 1,400
MuleNag 700
Marianjela 700
Kluchetta 700

The reason this does not add up to 16 days is because my computer was down for three days. OK, here are today's questions:

What is the total number of toys your cat(s) have? What is their favorite toy? What toy do they ignore? How often do you play with your cats with toys?

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

What is the total number of toys your cat(s) have? What is their favorite toy? What toy do they ignore? How often do you play with your cats with toys?
My cats have way too many toys to count. Their favorite toys vary . They love Da Bird, fake mice and twisty things. They also love playing with ping pong balls or stuffed animals. They adore any toys with cat nip in them. There really are not many toys they ignore. They love some dangling toys but not all. I play with my cats pretty much every day. Jazz especially loves to play fetch and begs to play it daily. So several times a day
Yes my cats are spoiled.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Actually, there were 28 POSTS, and the word was mentioned 42 TIMES...!!!
Yeah, I counted 42 for the word also. Popsie has quite a few toys. Mostly little balls and mice. The only thing he'll play with are earplugs on a plastic string. He won't touch the toys made for cats. He doesn't even like Da Bird!!!! I can always tell when he wants to play because he'll walk around the house looking for something to get into.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the boys' favorite toys are EACH OTHER! Mornings are especially kitty cat smackdown time. And they are big guys - 26 pounds of cats careening all over the house, LOL.

4 out of 5 like catnip. They all like furry mice, but so do the dogs, so sometimes the mice lose their tails. Smudge's favorite toy is a hair tie. There are about 50 under the stove.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Actually, there were 28 POSTS, and the word was mentioned 42 TIMES...!!!
I cannot argue that one. I should have used the word POSTS in the question. Since I did not, 2000 points are headed your way. How long did it take you to count those?

So, you are the true winner!
Congratulations!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I cannot argue that one. I should have used the word POSTS in the question. Since I did not, 2000 points are headed your way. How long did it take you to count those?

Congratulations!

You should probably give that to the first person who got 42! (luvmycat1)
Oh, and it took about 5 minutes.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Congratulations!

Hope you do not mind my saying but luvmycat actually mentioned the 42 times before kluchetta did. Don't hit me for pointing it out.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Total number of toys? Wow lol wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a clue but probably too much, I buy them a toy a week lol. As for favorite toy Capone would have to be a stuffed animal Husky my boyfriend won me back when Capone was about 2 months old. Capone was an only furbaby then and had a very odd friendship with this dog… it was a little sad and weird for him to be so attached, which is why we got Bugsy. Capone still loves “Doggy†as we call him, but mostly plays with him rather then be obsessed and clingy to it.

Bugsy favorite toy is a 4 foot string I cut out of one of my clothing shopping bags. Cheap toy lol. He LOVES this thing, pretty much the only toy he will play with. Its cute when both cats play with each end both pulling at either end playing tug of war.

Having so many toys they ignore most of them lol. Mostly the little stuffed animal toys, like their little Monkey, and little Rabit.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not sure how often I play with them… a lot =) every chance I get really. My house has strings hanging from every doorknob, strings hanging from ceilings, toys in every room, teasers everywhere, so anywhere I go Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m always wiggling or throwing a toy.

On another note we just got them a cat tree which the absolutely love!! They play on that thing all day and night (Keeps me up all night!).

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you count all the small mice around, It's about 15. Their favorite toy is the laser pen without a doubt. When I first brought home the rotating rat, they loved it but it is totally ignored now. I play with my cats all the time with the laser pen mostly. They both play with the toy mouse and balls by theirselves.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats have tons of toys (more than what I want to track down and count) from catnip stuffed mice/rats to balls with bells to interactive toys, like feathers on a sting on a stick and glove with pom poms!

A lot of their toys are homemade or pilfered! Roly loves to steal socks. He has been spotted carrying dead socks through the house on numerous occasions! Last night he was playing with a plastic ring from a milk jug. All the cats love a flashlight or laser pointer, and it is just as fun for us humans to watch!

The kids like to tie a toy to a piece of yarn and tie it to the ceiling fan and watch the cats go nuts when they turn it on!

Sqeaker likes to bat balls around the house, but she has a special fascination with long skinny objects and constantly steals pens and straws!

I guess they all have their favorite, but it's weird since their preference is not for what we buy them at a store! Figures huh? Kinda like the kids when they end up playing with the boxes on Christmas morning, ignoring the toys you spent months hunting down!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

they have way more toys than i can count,
each has a fave - Firefox likes those little metallic pompoms. Java prefers puffs made from rabbit fur. Cable likes things that skitter - ice, plastic strips, etc. Chip LOVES catnip! so his faves are the catnip stuffed things, like the Yeoww banana. Pixel's favorite is facial tissues wads.
altho she also likes those soft foam balls.