Question of the Day - April 17th!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do you like to try new recipes or do stick to what you know you like?

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really enjoy cooking that much so I tend to keep the ones that I know how to cook and leave the experimenting of recipes to my mom.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

do you like to try new recipes or do stick to what you know you like?
As a man, I still do my share of cooking. But I never use recipes, I just throw something together. Pasta dishes are my favorite. The thing about never using a recipe is that every meal is always different and always a surprise.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love cooking stuff, and if I see someone making something that looks good, I'll try it, but I usually make stuff that I've made before and like.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I generally cook what I know I like, but I do like to try new recipes and do try new ones, regularly.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE trying new recipes. I get bored eating the same things all the time. It's always exciting trying something new.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On the whole, I'm not a recipe cook. I love cookbooks, and I do use recipes when I'm in unfamiliar territory or when I have enjoyed something and asked for the recipe. But even then, the second time out, I'm usually experimenting. Much of what I do regularly is written down, either because Rob said "You can do THAT again!" and I wanted to remember what I did, or because someone asked for it. Recipes are a resource, a place to start, not a prescription.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually stick to what I know. I will try something new if its not complicated and sounds good though. I hate complex recipes though and generally won't bother.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to stick to what I know since they are easy but delicious meals. I would love to try some new meals but have not run across any simple ones that sound good.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a foodtv junkie and I love to read menus and cookbooks. I modify as I see fit. I don't eat meat or shellfish, but love fish. I enjoy trying new "recipes" in that way.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to try new recipes. I've only been cooking for about three years so I would be in big trouble if I only followed recipes I knew! I hated cooking when I was living at home with my parents!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to try new recipes when I cook, because 1. I dont cook often enough right now (when I get my own kitchen I will!); 2. I dont really cook a variety of things ... 1-2 times a month doesnt give much variety!