My Project - Foot Calluses

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple months ago I made it a mission to rid my feet of all of it's calluses.

I'm almost there!

I had been soaking my feet and using a pumice stone, foot file, callus blade... you name it. But while my feet were "soft" after soaking, once they dried, certain parts of my feet still felt "hard", especially around the sides/edges of the heels, and under the ball of my foot. The parts under the ball of my foot were especially bothersome and hurt a little when I walked. My heels were starting to crack where the calluses were, but thankfully it didn't hurt.

A week ago I started to work on my feet when dry instead of after soaking.

I used a callus rasp first, every day.

http://www.venusworldwide.com/callus_rasp_10.htm

Followed by a foot file

http://www.cachebeauty.com/Pedicure/...dipro_file.htm

Followed by some Nivia body lotion.

My feet already feel better!

Another few days and I'll have baby soft feet, free of calluses!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I should do that! I've had pedicures, but it hurts afterwards when they take off your calluses.
Yeah, because they do it all in one sitting. It's better to do it over a period of time so that the newly exposed skin gets a chance to become accustomed to having to work

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I like to put Bag Balm on my feet and then throw socks on (I usually do it before bed, but I don't like to sleep in socks... even if I get in bed with socks on, I kick them off in my sleep - so I do it a little while before bed)... it really helps to soften up the skin... I have the bag balm around for when the kitty gets the occasional dry paw pads in the winter... also, Burt's Bees makes a really good foot salve (I guess it's a salve - it's vasiline consistency) - I do the same thing with that

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE to go get pedicures and have them make my feet all nice and soft! In between though- i do like you do and use the callus rasps and pumice stones. At night i slather my feet in Baby Oil Gel and put socks on and then they're super soft the next day

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its coming to that time of year when I go barefoot more and I get some pretty bad looking heels. I use a product called Flexitol Heel Balm-it works amazing!! Yrs ago the podiatrist I went to said after putting a prodcut on your heels put plastic wrap on then sicks so the stuff can adsorb better.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got one of those foot rasp thingies, their like a mini cheese grater

I hate feet though
I don't like anyone touching my feet either, but i moisturize them after a bath and put socks on until it's time for bed.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'm weird (actually, I know I am,
) but am I the only person that doesn't mind having foot callouses?

I'm a barefooter - I go barefoot as much as possible. I can't handle ANYONE touching my feet, and I'm not a girly-girl in any way, shape or form, so the idea of a pedicure is seriously laughable to me.

Feet gross me out in general. I have cute little tiny toes on small, wide feet, and I think most people's toes look like toes on monkey feet - some are literally long enough to be fingers!

If I were to try to get my feet soft and smooth, walking barefoot would be painful. It just seems to me that if our feet were meant to be baby soft, we would have been born without the ability to walk on them.

I guess it's just me.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kinda in this middle on this. I like my feet smooth (not cracked or flaky) but with a layer of tougher skin on the bottom where I can go barefoot without pain.

I love feets!
Feet are interesting and amazing. There is nothing like a foot massage from a sweet SO

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Maybe I'm weird (actually, I know I am,
) but am I the only person that doesn't mind having foot callouses?
If I were to try to get my feet soft and smooth, walking barefoot would be painful. It just seems to me that if our feet were meant to be baby soft, we would have been born without the ability to walk on them.

I guess it's just me.
I agree completely!

I hate, hate hate wearing shoes, and I don't at all mind my callouses.

What I do mind is that I habitually sit on one foot, so over time, it has developed an ugly callous on top

I can remove my callouses much more easily than what you gals are doing though, and my feet don't get sore, the skin is still thick enough to walk barefoot, but isn't cracking and dry.

I simply soak them using my massaging foot bath (it's so yummy on tired feet), then I give them a good scrub with just dove soap and a wash cloth.
Then I use Heel Rescue and wear socks for 1 hour.

By the way, Heel Rescue also works great on dry elbows if you happen to be a prop and lean person like I am.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ok, I'm way weird because I love love love buying shoes and have tons, but most of the time (when I'm not like out somewhere) I'm barefoot hahaha... I pretty much just use the foot sandpaper thing (idk what it's called lol) in the shower every night so my feet don't get overly gross

Man feet gross me out though... unless he actually takes care of his feet and they're not all nasty lol (the hariness is still weird though haha)

Oh and my ex used to call me monkey feet cuz I'm constantly picking things up with my toes - we never used to actually reach to the coffee table for remotes - my feet would get them!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have awful feet!! I wish I could get rid of my whatever it is. I have this horrible place on the bottom of my big toe that almost looks like its going inward (if that's possible)--it's rock hard and has very thick skin on it.
How do you use the callus blade? It looks awful scary...