Please no

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well ever since early this morning Popsie has been trying to poop but can't. Once again a big terd is stuck on the way out. I've been putting warm compresses on his bum but it hasn't worked so far. (it's worked in the past) I think I'm going to have to take him to the vet later.
He's also thrown up like ten times. Please send some vibes that Popsie poops in the next few hours so he doesn't have to see the vet.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no! poor popsie. sending lots of that he is able to go to the toilet soon.

i remember looking after a friends little dog and she was sick about 3 times in quick succession. after checking her over i discovered she had a blockage, a warm bath helped to move things along and she was fine.

i hope he's ok soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a vet appointment for 2:50 just in case.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor Popsie, that can not be comfortable. Are you giving enulose or some sort of stool softener? Also, ask the vet if they can show you how to do a manual extraction. It might help to make an emergancy trip less necessary.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Oh poor Popsie, that can not be comfortable. Are you giving enulose or some sort of stool softener? Also, ask the vet if they can show you how to do a manual extraction. It might help to make an emergancy trip less necessary.
I give him two doses of lactulose everyday. I squirt it directly on top of his wet food so he gets it all even if he doesn't finish his food.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. I'm pretty sure he will have to go.
Poor guy, he's miserable enough without the stress of a vet. He made an apperance about ten minutes ago to try and poop and he just looks so pitiful. He was meowing so sad like.
I wish I didn't have to wait two more hours to help him.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I'm repeating information that you've already been given, but my Jordan has had constipation problems also, and I've found that feeding him a wet food only diet really helps. He's down to only getting his enulose a couple times a week, from 2-3x a day.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he will be ok. Coco gets that way alot and I try to get her to eat the Wet C/D but she leaves it for some reason. I dont like that your Cat is throwing up. I hope the Vet Can help him.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

How did it go at the vet yesterday?!
I was also wondering how Popsie was doing? That he's OK. The vomiting concerned me...poor guy here's a poop dance to keep things moving