Age difference?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is something I've been pondering on since I read the tough trivia for today. Some people find that smaller age differences work for them, and some that the larger age differences work best....

There are a full 8 years age difference between myself and my fiance, me being the younger .... what about you guys? Having an age difference that big works really well for us - having a kid means I've had to grow up really fast, and I'm relatively quiet in comparison to other women my own age. I prefer a more mature man

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am exactly 1 1/2 years older than my DH. That is such a minor difference that it is not a problem. My dad is 8 years older than my mom and they have had a wonderful marriage. They just celebrated 38 years this last January.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a little more than 3 years between myself and DH with me being younger. I've seldom date men my age or younger. I think we're a very good fit.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Husband is way older then me and we have been together for over 14 Years. It just happened that way and has worked out Great. We got Married in Dec 2003.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All depends on the two people.

Any two people who are mature enough to know what they need/want from life, are headed in the same life direction and want to travel there together, and who love and treat each other with respect, will have a good relationship regardless of their ages.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a whole of 9 days!! and with him being older, i absolutely love it!

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jim turned 40 this past october and I turned 38 in february.so..not much difference really...
but I have dated someone ....18 years older then myself..

I was 23 he was 41...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9 years difference exactly between us and i'm the youngest. I was born July 29, 1985 and he was born July 29,1976

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm younger by 11 months and some odd days. My birthday is September 9,1985 and Travis' is September 28,1984

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Husband is 16yrs older than me. We have been together since 1999 and got married in 2001. We have a lot in common and it works for us.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm about 4.5 years younger. We'll be four years different until July, and then five until December when it goes back to four.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not currently in a relationship, so I voted on my last one.

I tend to date men 6 to 10 years younger than me. Even 12 to 15 depending on the guy.

I've only ever dated one guy that was older than I was. He was 32 and I was 26. Talk about a generation gap! He was a very "old" 32, and had lost the child in him and I got tired of always being told to "grow up."

I would date someone my own age, maybe a few years older, but certainly not someone who is 10 or 12 years or more older than I am.

davecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my boyfriend is younger than me by just 3 months.

We met through the internet and found out we both went to the same school and have been together since we were 13 years old

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i was dating this guy who was 20 years older than me, it was a rebound thing on my part (I didnt realize that then) but now I know that 20 years is definitly too much of an age differnece for me, wont be doing that agian. I do perfer men older then me but I think a 10 year difference is the highest i'd go now.