TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Proper way to address a thankyou note???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Proper way to address a thankyou note???

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Anyone know what the proper way to address a thankyou note is? I'm writing my thankyou notes today from the wedding, and i just got started a little while ago. I know how to address them for the party i'm sending them to, but do i need to put our name/address on the front of the envelope or the back flap? (it's a small envelope) ? I have no idea! Also do i put my name and address since i'm writing it or my husband's too (i'm not the card writing type lol, so i wanna make sure i do it correct).Thanks in advance!
post #2 of 11
I personally put the return address on the back flap... you can put it in the upper left corner on the front though too (it's just a personal preference thing)... since it's for your wedding, I'd go with "Mr and Mrs *insert last name*" and then the address for the return address... I think I answered the question you were asking, right? lol

I know thank yous are nice and I like letting people know I appreciate them, but they are such a pain to write out lol... especially when there's a lot like for weddings or graduations - have fun!
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Thankyou! That answered all of my questions!!! I'd been totally at a loss for how to address these little babies, so now that will help!

I agree- it's definitely time consuming to hand write and address all of these, especially when i still have more things to unpack around the house and a million other things to do....but it's important to me to let everyone who gave us a gift know just how much we appreciate their kind acts, so it's important to me to send them out soon
post #4 of 11

Nikki, Is that the first time you've typed "husband" since you got married and how weird is it?!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10 View Post
I personally put the return address on the back flap... you can put it in the upper left corner on the front though too (it's just a personal preference thing)... since it's for your wedding, I'd go with "Mr and Mrs *insert last name*" and then the address for the return address... I think I answered the question you were asking, right? lol

I know thank yous are nice and I like letting people know I appreciate them, but they are such a pain to write out lol... especially when there's a lot like for weddings or graduations - have fun!
Thats what I would do too. I think its great to get them in the mail!

And also, thank you is 2 words, not one, right?
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
:
And also, thank you is 2 words, not one, right?
Thank you is indeed 2 words. You might want to just pick up some labels and do your return address on sheets of those labels. It won't take away from your hand-written thank you notes, but it will give you some relief from all the writing.

I'm a stickler for convention so I always put the return address in the upper left corner on the front of the envelope but if you want to be less formal, by all means put it on the back.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite View Post
You might want to just pick up some labels and do your return address on sheets of those labels. It won't take away from your hand-written thank you notes, but it will give you some relief from all the writing.
I did that with my college graduation thank yous - I happened to get free ones from my alumni association with our mascot on them and my name and address, they're very classy and actually went well with the college seal thank yous I had ordered... took forever to write them all out, but everyone got one, even those that couldn't make the party and just sent a card in the mail!
post #8 of 11
For the outside you can just use Mr. and Mrs. (lastname) or (His name) and (Your name) and the last name. Although with ID theft now, it might be better to NOT have your actual first names on the return address.

I'd put them on the front of the card in the corner - that's really the correct way for return address.

We have a stamp with our last name and the address. Comes in handy for bills, Christmas cards, etc.
post #9 of 11
For graduation announcements and thank you notes, I measured the envelopes and plotted out the location of the return address so I could print it on the back of the envelopes.
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 4 View Post
For graduation announcements and thank you notes, I measured the envelopes and plotted out the location of the return address so I could print it on the back of the envelopes.
I've done that before too actually... I used to have the dimensions of the envelopes and the "page settings" written out and stored near the printer... but we've been through like 4 printers since then haha
post #11 of 11
I would put "The ____s" as our name on the return address, but then I also do that in the addressee part.

As for where to put the return address, the post office very much prefers that they both be on the same side with the addressee in the middle on the front and your return address in the upper left corner.
http://www.usps.com/send/preparemail...ectaddress.htm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Proper way to address a thankyou note???