*****KatKwiz! - April 15 - Taxes and math!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The KatKwery word for yesterday was exceed. Nobody used it so today's KatKwery will pay 2,800 points, enough to propel a person into the lead for the race to the 100,000 point payoff!

Speaking of numbers and taxes, let's have one of our infamous math questions today.

A lot of people leave points sitting outside of their bank deposits. _______ points could be lost in the next 48 hours because of this.

Round to nearest 10K.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just deposited some points now that you've brought it up.

Still have no clue how to figure out the Kwiz answer...guess I'll keep looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the KatKwiz stumpers have been math questions. Sorry, but since today is tax day I thought it was appropriate.

The place to start is by clicking on Shop Menu, then Shop Main.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
completely lost here but hey ill post a random number!

A lot of people leave points sitting outside of their bank deposits. 27,345,652 points could be lost in the next 48 hours because of this.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of people leave points sitting outside of their bank deposits.277000 points could be lost in the next 48 hours because of this

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

A lot of people leave points sitting outside of their bank deposits.277000 points could be lost in the next 48 hours because of this
Yeah, I remember who you are! You were the one that could always step in and solve the math problems and you have done so today! 277K is the correct answer.
Congratulations!

As I sit here, I am doing my daughter's state income tax so I thought I would throw some numbers at you. Here is the answer.

1. Click on Shop Menu and then Shop Main - There you will see totals for all the points there are on The Cat Site. This may change before you see it but there are a total of almost 32 million points out there. Of these, about 4.6 million are sitting outside of member's banks and therefore drawing NO interest.

2. I have included Anne's link above that explains the new interest payout. It is .3% a day. So, 4.6 million points are losing that .3% of interest. I don't know what kind of fancy calculator you may have, but I just use a standard calculator:

4,600,000 X .03 X 2 = 276,000 and since the numbers are constantly changing, something close to this would have been fine. The 2 in the equation represents the 2 days that 48 hours represent.

That's a lot of points being lost. Perhaps you are trying to help curb inflation?

KatKwery (2,800 points)
Do you keep your points in the bank? Are you aware of the time of your next interest payment? Are interest points important to you? Did the recent interest rate cut hurt?

(Don't worry, you can win 100,000 points right here, responding to these questions.)

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep some points in the bank. Right now I have about 2900 in there. I usually don't pay attention to my next interest payment. I think the interest cut hurt some people more than other. Especially newbies without a lot of points or members that don't post much. I really stink at Math so I didn't even try and figure out the KatKwiz.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very uneducated about the whole bank and points thing.
I have tried to do searching on how the whole thing works and have an idea but not a full understanding about it. I have tried to deposit points into my bank but have been unsuccessful.
I like to have points available to be able to give gifts and of course to play in the arcade. It did not hurt me about the recent cut in interest rates. I guess I do not spend enough points on gifts, ribbons or donations. I understand why Anne did it...make perfect sense to me. My next interest payment I believe is coming up today. Boy, I love reading KatKwiz cause it sure has taught me a lot. Going now to see if I can search out the unanswered questions I have about banking points and such.