Video: 20 year old Felixia playing on the couch

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Felixia is truly an amazing little cat - she's about 20 now, so she doesn't play for as long at a time as she used to, but she does still love to play. I feel very blessed to have her in my life. Mr. Underfoot (on the floor) and Sylvestra (jumping on the couch at the last moment) also put in brief appearances - they've both recently turned 14.

(This is my first attempt at video, so please forgive the noise & shakiness!)

(Mods: I'm sorry I put this in the wrong place! I hope someone can move it please -thanks!)

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What a spry little girl she is for 20. You've raised her well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She is an amazing little kitty. She became grouchy and less active several years ago due to arthritis, but regular Cosequin returned the spring to her step, thankfully!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! The one cat I had at the age of 20 was no where near that energetic. What a blessing to not have any health problems beyond the arthritis! Amazing!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That was really amazing to see her so active. Congrats on a healthy little girl.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what an inspiration she is! i knew a cat who lived until she was 21 and she was as youthful looking as your precious girl.

she is an absolute credit to you. it's wonderful to see an elderly cat behaving like a 6 month old kitten!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, she is 20 !?!

She's so spry and eneregetic!! Kudos to you

It's great to know a kitty can live so long, and still be so full of life! Bless her heart.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding? She's really 20??? She looks and acts like a kitten! God bless her! You must take VERY good care of her!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah!! What everyone else said! My boyfriend's dear departed cat lived to be almost 20, but was in renal failure and not interested in playing in the last 2 years of his life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!
It's a great joy to watch her zoom around when she feels like it!
Healthwise, she does have a couple of problems - she had terrible teeth, but since most of them were removed years ago, she's been much happier. She was diagnosed with early CRF from blood tests late last year, but she seems to be doing OK other than slowing down a bit and not jumping as much as she used to. I'm hoping she'll continue doing well for some time yet.

Originally Posted by valanhb

She's so excited to pounce on that ball! Go Felixia!
I see Mr. Underfoot knows just where to sit to get the balls that come off of the couch.
He's good at intercepting, and he knows to stay out of Felixia's way! It's her ball, so long as it stays on the couch (unless she's finished chasing it).

Originally Posted by twstychik

Aww... that is too cute! I love how she stays on the couch.
She's always loved playing on the couch, for some reason - I think she likes the way she can sink in her claws and scoot around on it (which is why we usually keep it covered).

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very nice!
I hope Chloe is that way if/when she reaches 20.

Way more active than my 1 year old, Matilda. She does not ever play.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could not have guessed in a million years that Felixia is 20.

Your sweet senior girl is an inspiration to us all.
Felixia