Something wacky with the tournaments

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok not that I want to complain because I love the arcade but some wacky things are going on with the tournaments. In the 8 ball champ one I am in it has all but 2 eliminated. Lucky and Ricky were paired for a match says both eliminated in that match. Next bracket up has both Lucky and Ricky again but both eliminated. In the first set is me and clixpix and we are not eliminated yet.

Next is Fast Food Fiasco and Cocoalily & Catkiki have completed their match but neither one is moved up to the next bracket. And I can not play until one of the completed ones are moved up.

Is there some glitch in the system that keeps messing these up?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having some problems too.

I am entered in the brasil slingo tournament, and it says that I beat cloud_shade and advance to the next round. but directly above that, where my name would normally go so I can play the next round, it says:

AbbysMom
has played
4 / 3
Games

Final Score:

Completed

And directly to the left of that, it says the same thing, where AbbysMom beat clixpix.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

Ok not that I want to complain because I love the arcade but some wacky things are going on with the tournaments. In the 8 ball champ one I am in it has all but 2 eliminated. Lucky and Ricky were paired for a match says both eliminated in that match. Next bracket up has both Lucky and Ricky again but both eliminated. In the first set is me and clixpix and we are not eliminated yet.

Next is Fast Food Fiasco and Cocoalily & Catkiki have completed their match but neither one is moved up to the next bracket. And I can not play until one of the completed ones are moved up.

Is there some glitch in the system that keeps messing these up?
The 8 ball one does seem weird... I really don't know how to solve that one, or why this has occurred.

I fixed the fast food fiasco one for you, I think. I had to click the link that says "make the winner advance" - not sure if it's an admin thing or not.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I've been having some problems too.

I am entered in the brasil slingo tournament, and it says that I beat cloud_shade and advance to the next round. but directly above that, where my name would normally go so I can play the next round, it says:

AbbysMom
has played
4 / 3
Games

Final Score:

Completed

And directly to the left of that, it says the same thing, where AbbysMom beat clixpix.
Definitely a glitch, with the 4/3 games there! Sorry about that - not sure how that happens, but I can guess maybe having several windows open at the same time had something to do with that.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've seen two Brasil Slingo games with that glitch in the past week. They have both been 8-player games. I've only been creating 4-player tournaments now.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Virus hex game pooped out too- I beat Britni (bnwalker2) but it advanced her against Linny (jaffacake) and now shows her as eliminated and Linny has played all her games but I can't advance her by clicking the "advance the winner" button, which I have done before

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the Solitaire tournament has completely locked up and the Brasil Slingo game is giving me fits!! I played the first game of five and I've tried playing two more times...but the page will not load!! And of course, every time I x out of the game, I get a zero score!! I think I have one more game left to play...if I can get it to load!!

Maybe they are getting the switch over in place and it's creating havoc??

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

The Virus hex game pooped out too- I beat Britni (bnwalker2) but it advanced her against Linny (jaffacake) and now shows her as eliminated and Linny has played all her games but I can't advance her by clicking the "advance the winner" button, which I have done before
Oh dear. I`ve been looking forward to that one. Just means more practice time until we can set it up again

Ok, I just played the Broken Words tourney and it will only let me play the trial version. Is that right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Animal Connect tourney can someone move me forward. I am stuck on the second bracket even tho I won that match up. Thanks.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

The Animal Connect tourney can someone move me forward. I am stuck on the second bracket even tho I won that match up. Thanks.
there' no :advance the winner" option either

I would suggest that until we get all the glitches worked out, keep the tourneys limited to 4 players, those don't seem to have the problems the 8 player ones do

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m having trouble with the 4 player tourneys too

Also, I don`t know if it`s just me but twice now ( today and friday ) when I`ve been on the tourney page something has frozen up and I haven`t been able to change the page so I close the tab down and then can`t get back on for hours. Just now it was telling me to log in again and when I did it said I had the wrong password ( I didn`t ) now it seems to be ok.

I`m scared to play the tourneys again!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The solitaire one is broken too... I am the only one who got points in it. Everyone else had 0. Shouldn't that make me the winner? Also, the addiction solitaire... both Rang_27 and I have the same amount of points... the highest available. Shouldn't that make us both co-champs?

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, So I thought I`d have another go at Virus Hex tourney.
It wont put me forward AGAIN and I got my highest score ever. It`s a cospiracy!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in two tournements that are having problems. One may have been mentioned already, it's the Solitaire Slingo tournement, it's like it is stuck. The second is the adiction solitare tournement. Two of us got the highest possible score and we have been locked in a tie for a long time. Is there any way to fix that? Ever time we play a 4th game it resets both of us back to 3/4 games played.