What does your cat like to watch on tv?

davecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dave was not often interested in the TV until there was a good programme we wanted to watch, which was when he decided to sit in front of it.

I have heard some cats like watching formula 1.

It was only a month ago, that I found Dave actually watching the tv and very interested in it.
I was watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. I think it was a mixture of the bright colours and high pitch laughing that he liked the most.

Do your cats like watching a certain tv programme?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by davecat

Dave was not often interested in the TV until there was a good programme we wanted to watch, which was when he decided to sit in front of it.

I have heard some cats like watching formula 1.

It was only a month ago, that I found Dave actually watching the tv and very interested in it.
I was watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. I think it was a mixture of the bright colours and high pitch laughing that he liked the most.

Do your cats like watching a certain tv programme?
I think Meercat Manor will end up the favorite.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver is a tv junkie just like his mama

My tv is always on basically (I swear I have ADD - even when I'd be studying or paper writing in college, I had to have the tv on or I wasn't productive!)

When Oliver is going to be home without any humans, the tv is left on animal planet (if it's not left on, he finds trouble to get into)... he does like meerkat manor! But he likes just about any show on there... sometimes if there's mice or something similar squeeking and scurrying on there, he'll stand up and paw at the tv!

He also likes sports! We're nascar fans, so he likes to watch the cars go around the track... he also gets mesmerized by the puck during hockey games and the ball during football... he tends to nap a lot during baseball, but mama gets excited when the red sox do well, so I frequently wake him with my cheers and he'll catch the replay of a home run haha

I also have a little animated cat that strolls on my computer's desktop that he watches sometimes... got it free on the meow mix site haha

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy isn't much of a tv watcher but will glance at it if something really noisy comes on.

Linus likes anything that has animals or birds in it..One of his favorites is Merkat Manor.

Pixie watches tv a lot, especially animal shows and cartoons..She actually will lay in her basket with her chin resting on the edge and watch for quite awhile..

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot say if my cats have a particular favorite TV show. If there are interesting sounds coming from the TV they will look up and watch for a while. One or two will paw at the screen but then they get bored and walk away.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine only watch if Animal Planet is on. But then only if they hear a cat on TV.
I have caught Seldon watching a bit but they aren't into it.
I seem to be their TV.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My boys aren't really interested in TV, but they do like music. I've started leaving the radio on a jazz station when I'm not home, since that seems to be their favorite.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My RB baby Marbles loved to watch TV. He did not care what it was, he just liked to watch.
A funny story about my RB baby Tosh. We were watching animal planet. Tosh never paid any attention to the TV but he did this time. They were talking about Tigers and some people having Tigers in their homes. Well they cut to this shot of the tiger jumping right at the screen. Oh my goodness, Tosh jumped about a foot in the air and back and took off running. He came back to peer around the corner and check if the tiger was anywhere.
Poor guy, I was laughing so hard but managed to calm him down.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley has never had any interest in tv. He has looked a few times when there were cats meowing on it, but other than that he doesn't even know its there.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
chloe likes to watch paolo nutini videos on youtube with me. but who can blame her? hes awfully purty haha!

chloe and patchy both liked to watch the littles. i think they thought they were little rats.
my mom always got mad because chloe liked to watch the foodnetwork, dirtyjobs, hgtv, and mythbusters. she would sit in front of the tv and not even budge. mom tried to say that it was me who wanted to watch and i would use chloe as an excuse.

one day chloe was watching while i was at school. mom changed the channel and chloe started to go thru the apt crying and mom couldnt figure out what was wrong. she called me at school and i told her to turn back. she did and chloe was fine.
mom never said another word lol

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both my cats are not TV watchers although last night something happened with Bugsy that made me think of this thread.

Bugs has never watched TV but always joins my boyfriend and I on the couch for snuggles. We are horror movie fanatics and decided to watch Aliens vs Predator (horrible, horrible movie..and I usually love horror movies other people think are horrible). Lets just say Bugs was the only one who loved it. The entire movie he sat straight up, making little noises, with huge eyes without looking away LOL. I guess Alien Vs Predator is his favorite movie… glad someone liked it anyway lol.

Capone only likes Golf, he likes the ball but we barely watch that and he loves when we play the Wii, the little hand that you use to select things he goes insane over.

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My current cat doesn't really like watching tv that much but I don't watch it that much anymore so I can understand why. My old cat(that now lives with my parents because I moved away from them) used to love, of all things, Star Trek: The Next Generation. I don't know why but he would sit right next to me and watch it for hours on end. He HATED Worf though, every time a scene with him in it would start he would hiss and walk away. He would also sometimes watch the screen as I surfed the internet but that was rare.

crt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kabou isn't interested in watching TV, but Brandon loves meerkat manor. Sits smack dab in front of it and only leaves when there are commercials. When the music and chattering starts up, he races back to the TV.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles has always liked to watch Veggie Tales. I think I may have a picture of her watching it in my Photobucket accout.

My friend's cat Petey prefered golf!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Noodles has always liked to watch Veggie Tales. I think I may have a picture of her watching it in my Photobucket accout.

My friend's cat Petey prefered golf!
That is too funny! Veggie Tales of all things. I would think it being a cartoon that it would not capture her attention. Strange.

smiffygans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Peeki isn't much a t.v. watcher. He just likes to sleep beside me or above me on the couch while I watch it. But Skittles will watch anything, absolutely anything that is loud and colorful. Spongebob, Veggie Tales, PowerPuff Girls, anything on Cartoon Network. She is most definitely a child.