Um, could you not stare please

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear, Popsie is a perv.
He has to be my bathroom buddy but sometimes he gets a little to nosy and stares while I erm, wipe. I've even had him try to stick his face in the toliet while I'm sitting on it.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
if i were a cat, id think it was strange. after all, they go potty in a box full of gravel and bury it afterwards. we go potty in a giant bowl full of water (which they drink out of sometimes) and we flush wads of paper down it but get onto them for playing with the same roll of paper!!

i can totally see why the cats stare at us like we're strange LOL

kittycurledup

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is obsessed with the toilet. She likes to watch it flush (supervised, of course! We keep the lid closed always). She can frequently be seen perched on the back of the toilet bowl. When she is there, she is the unapproachable princess. It is her right to swat over your brush, toothbrush or whatever might be on the adjacent sink. If you dare interfere, be prepared for the silent meow of death, followed by a swat. :p

Her personality does a 180 when she is on her toilet perch.
Does anyone else have experiences like this or is it just our cat? Lol!

dudesmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every time I walk into the bathroom Dudlebug is hanging with her head in it. I think she playing with the water and watching the ripples. I'm not sure tho cuz all I see is her butt. She will spend hours in there.

When I take a bath I have got 2 cats Dude & Dudlebug and Debbie the Beagle in the bathroom with me. If I shut the door to be by myself they are all outside the door banging away and arguing over who is going to guard.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I swear, Popsie is a perv.
He has to be my bathroom buddy but sometimes he gets a little to nosy and stares while I erm, wipe. I've even had him try to stick his face in the toliet while I'm sitting on it.
Nova walks around the toilet and tries to poke her head in!

We keep the lid down when we're not using it because I've caught her going in and playing with the water.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darcy supervises while I am going to the bathroom - frequently trying to get a better view of exactly whatever it is that I am doing.

Marcy is the flushing supervisor. She likes to watch the flushing and then look at her reflection in the clean water.

We keep the toilet lid closed because when we tried to leave it open, we ended up with rather wet curious kitties.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack will very sweetly sit on your lap while you do your business--it is his job to oversee everything that goes on under our roof!

Leslie

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver used to follow me into the bathroom alllll the time when I was in my apartment in college - he used to drink from the toilet there too (even though he had 3 other water dishes that he also used)... he doesn't do it so much at home, but sometimes - he likes to watch everything "go bye bye" when we're done and he does the same thing - tries to sneak his head in when I lift a cheek haha... he's even once or twice gotten his paws up there and I'm like "HEY! I'M NOT DONE YET!" When I am done, the 2 front paws go up so he can watch the flush... what a weirdo haha

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My kitty, Jack, does the toilet buddy thing as well...He loves to be in the bathroom, because that's where all the water is!
If I don't keep the lids shut, he automatically drinks out of the toilet...

PS: Some how I'm relieved that I am not the only one that has kitties who do this sort of thing!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitties love it when one of us is in the bathroom; they figure they have a captive audience! Lily always pushes the door wide open which is a little embarrassing and inconvenient to have to get up and push it closed again.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats and I have an agreement. They don't come in while I am using the restroom. They wait patiently outside and then when I open the door I have three sets of eyes checking me out.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
when chloe was small she used to try to get right in between my butt and the toilet to see see what i was doing.

when i was a little girl i had a kitten who did the same thing, only i wasnt draggin a wagon back in those days haha. one day my mom came home at lunch and could hear my kitty crying hysterically. she had toilet trained herself by watching us and fallen in the potty! i think chloe would have done the same thing if my big butt hadnt blocked her view lol

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh thank God you all have cats that do it to...I thought I was the only one.

Tom absolutly HAS to be in the bathroom when I use it and when he was a little younger he used to try to look in the toilet while I was sitting down...getting his paws sat on once by me taught him. He still has to be in the bathroom but he is usually just rubbing my legs while I am doing my business. He also likes to get into my pants which are usually around my knees...very strange see a cat in your pants when you look down. I never let him in the bathroom when I shower but he usually tries to rip the door of the hinges the entire time(I don't want to blind the poor kitty though
).

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooter likes to be held like a baby while use the facilities. He cries and pouts when I get done and put him down. Nothing like being held captive by a crying kitty that wants to cuddle. No reading, either. According to him, when he has had his fill of cuddles and wishes to be put down, on the side of the tub, should I get up and continue with what I was doing before both legs went to sleep from sitting there holding his spoiled, little self.

felton

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
>>go potty in a box full of gravel and bury it afterwards.

We have one master who does not cover his potty. Dump and run makes for some uh.... nice smells.... that's what it is. Nice smells.....ugh

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a lap sitter. She loves to sit on your lap if you are using the facilities, and she knows that when you reach for the TP you're done and she hops down.

Percival used to sit in your pants when you went, I guess they were warm or something.

I think Zissou figures that since she gets 0 privacy I don't get any either; she'll throw herself against the door until I open it so she can supervise me.

She'd make a good drug-test-company worker

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I generally have 3 sets of eyes on me on the toilet. For some reason Lily in particular loves when I sit on toilet, and comes running in and rubs against my legs as soon as I sit down.

If I use the downstairs toilet, I close the door (since it's not too far from the front door), and without fail, I will have paws coming under the door, and 3 kitties staring up at me when I open the door again

Weird cats.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens do similar stuff to this.

The boy immediately jumps in my pants and hides under neath my underwear. The little girl immediately hugs my right leg and bites it. Knowing he's inside.

He sees the movement she makes, she sees the movement he makes and they attack each other (playfully of course) until I'm done.

It's to the point now that when I'm starting to pull my pants down the boy is already waiting to pounce in.

Then, when I err. stand up and go the girl stands at the edge of the toilet and watches the action in the bowl. Then runs away when I flush.

No rhyme or reason, these cats are wierd!