Weird 'thing' in a picture I took

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This would be more suitable for the Fur Pictures subforum, but I'm more concerned about the "weird thing" in the background than Squee's butt.

So last night I was trying to take pictures of Squee in our upstairs hallway. It didn't work too well, as she kept on attacking the cord.
This following picture was taken at 10:23 pm, last night.

At the time it was taken, my mom and I were the only people upstairs. My mom was sleeping on the couch, and I'm in the picture (duh). So like fifteen minutes after I took that, I was going through the pictures and noticed something weird in the background. :S To me, it looks like our German Shepherd, Butch, but when the picture was taken he was sitting in front of me:

This picture of Butch was taken at 10:21, two minutes before the "thing":

In order to get behind me, I would have to stand up and step to the side (I was laying down) to let Butch pass.

And this is how I think it looks like my dog:

I showed the picture to one of my brothers who said it looked like a sahag from Final Fantasy
and my mom thought it was smoke as it was see through. Well, I don't smoke, and the kits and the dog don't, and mom was sleeping so it wasn't smoke.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid!
I don't think it's a 'ghost', though I named it Ghostie, I just don't know what it is.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe if you put the pic in a photo editor and play with the brightness and contrast settings, you will be able to better see what it is???

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your house haunted?

I know this is going to sound weird but I live in an old house and about a month or two back I saw a dark shadow of what resembled a person come down our stairs, when I saw it the apparition went back up the stairs. I would have taken it as my imagination but 2 of my cats saw it too. Frankies tail got all puffed out and Frankie and Zoey ran up the stairs after it!!!! We have strange things that happen in our house but that was the topping on the cake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Is your house haunted?

I know this is going to sound weird but I live in an old house and about a month or two back I saw a dark shadow of what resembled a person come down our stairs, when I saw it the apparition went back up the stairs. I would have taken it as my imagination but 2 of my cats saw it too. Frankies tail got all puffed out and Frankie and Zoey ran up the stairs after it!!!! We have strange things that happen in our house but that was the topping on the cake.
Not that I am aware of... our house was built in '71. Sometimes I think I see things out of the corner of my eye but then again I do read a lot of UFO and ghost stories.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's weird.. I think it almost looks cat-shaped. Maybe playing with it in an image editor is a good idea, you might be able to see it better.

I have a couple good image editors, I may try messing with it a little.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess pixietina beat me to it, but I was messing with it a little, and this is what I got. Don't know if it helps at all, but I thought I'd try. I'm curious.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like another cat in the modified pictures. Do you have another cat????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It looks like another cat in the modified pictures. Do you have another cat????
Yep but she has darker fur. I don't think Scratch is that tall but maybe the angle distorted her?

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Is your house haunted?

ok, this thread is freaking me out and giving me goosebumps! I'd die if I saw that in my house and I'd be
outta there!

Moz, I do like all the details and graphics in your original post
. I have no idea what that could be?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The blue thing is a reflection from the TV on a dark wood chair back, or something that we can't see...

the object in question from the OP, the edges are partially see-through... if you can go back and take an unobscured picture today of that angle... it might help...

could be a ghost... don't know. And it may very well be a dog ghost... Just because the house isn't that old doesn't mean spirits won't inhabit it. Hauntings can either inhabit the house, or the land beneath... or be attached to a person living there. If you felt something odd around that time, it's entirely possible. I doubt it's malicious though, if it is a haunting...

Take another picture, in better light... from the same angle... it'll help, trust me.

Amanda

Originally Posted by pixietina

i see 2 things one looks like a nosey cat (blue circle)
and the "thing"(yellow) looks like super mario

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is your house haunted?

Okay, that sort of freaked me out.

As does this picture. What the heck is that?!?!?

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, to me it looks like some kind of fabric, one with a design, like for a couch or tablecloth.

I don't know what the skull-like thing is, though (the one directly above "the thing" not, the weird chair reflection).

Tricia