New To Forum!

dezkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, My name is Destiny but a lot of people call me Dez. I live in Tennessee, I'm going to be 25 in 1 month. I work for a local vet clinic as a clerk. Basically I do everything paperwork and phone related. Appointments, Health Records, filing etc. You get my point (lol). Its my build up to being an actual vet. I love animals, when I was younger I didnt really have cats to cuddle. Just puppies, but my friend had a farm and a lot of friendly barn cats. Thats about it, my family raised American Pit Bull Terriers. So basically the cat idea was a no win kind of story. Until I started working at a shelter, I did a lot of work in the kennels. Then one day the owner of the shelter asked how I felt about cats. I said I dont know, never been around them much. Not that I dont know anything about cats, I just never took care of them very often. So she asked If I could come on week-ends to help with the cats. They had over 150+ cats in the shelter, divided in 5 cat rooms. Plus kittens stacked in cages in the hall way. Enough to make you cry! If its one thing I've learned NEVER get attached to the animals. It sounds so cruel, but when I was 14-17 I fostered dogs. The #1 rule of fostering, dont get to attached to fosteree because then you wont want to say good-bye.

I did my job, went home, and snuggled with my own pets. Lived in a pet friendly apartment when I moved out at 19. Yes.. yes I know cats would of made apartment hunting easier than a 90lb pit bull LOL! After awhile I started fostering the older cats that had a hard time finding homes. They just grew on me, then I moved when I bought a house. When ever I have time I still help out at a few shelters. I've helped my boss a lot in fundraisers for low cost pet altering. Been around the block a few times, and even with my dogs I've never had a problem bringing a cat home. Most of the time they tell my pits wants up. My baby boy drew is a 8 month old blue nose, 67lbs very big boy. I adopted a 5yr.old cat named JuJu she was thrown in a Wendy's garbage tote. Left to die with a fractured leg. My vet say her in the newspaper and just bang I went and adopted her. Her leg is healed and she has no problems. But she loves to pick on my dogs, Drew and Cassidy. Cassidy is a 3yr.old Blue Brindle female pit bull. They have arguements over the bed. Juju loves taking her DOGGY bed even though she knows it not hers.

She also smacks people in the face when she's cranky. Never scratchs or draws out her claws, just walks over and "wack". Its very funny my dog was sleeping on the sofa and she just walked over and layed one on her. My poor dog was like "What the crapper!". I've owned JuJu for almost a year. She is Blue & white 50/50 in color. I've been planning to adopt another cat, but Its been hard to decide. Her attitude differs from hour to hour, so matching her with the perfect playment is a challenge. She can be SUPER hyper and then so lazy if the sound of a treat bag wont make her budge. I've currently going threw online college and I work full time. Mostly afternoons or mornings, and I'm online just about 24/7. As I'm allowed to browse while working, as long as it doesnt over draft my job. I think thats about it? Any questions lay them on me!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Hope to see you around the forums.. and to see pictures of your kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dezkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll try to get some, she really hates cameras. She started hissing at me when I took a photo of her. I think the flash scares her
. My poor little abused girl hehe, she thinks she's living it so tough. I think I got some older one's though

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All right!! Another TN Vol!!
Welcome to TCS! I know you're going to love it here!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Dez
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Our Tolstoy is exactly like JuJu - he walks over to Felicity when she's sleeping peacefully and smacks her on the head (claws not drawn). Poor Felicity looks up surprised, sees it's just Tolly being........Tolly
and goes back to sleep.

dezkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she just likes the thrill lol, she just gets so upset when they ignore her. My Drew attacked her vibrating mouse and It just went down hill from there. haha, I bought her a new one, but it just wasnt the same
. He bit it and I couldnt get it to work any more. Now she beats him up, bothers him all the time. Kids... brother and Sister relationship I'll tell ya! hehe

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Dez! Welcome to the Cat Site!

Look forward to hearing more & seeing photos of your pets

Best Wishes! Enjoy the forums

dezkitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted a link to her pictures on page one near the bottom

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TheCatSite Dez

I am so glad that you have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home.