Cats hate rats!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try telling that to my Kayden. I didn't get the phone fast enough but before this picture he was giving my little Vinci a tongue bath.

A close up of my Vinci

Sorry about quality. Camera phone.

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww little Vinci is adorable! Black ratties are my favorite, especially the top ears. I have 9 little ratties, they have the most wonderful personalities don't they? My kitten Ruin wants nothing more than to get to mine, but my other cat Princess just lounges in the rat room watching them for hours. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hehe Vinci didn't seem to mind. He's pretty aggressive when he wants to be so if Kayden was upsetting him, I would've seen Kayden running around in pain from a rat bite immediately.

Dahmer ignores them, Kayden is the curious one and Sassy runs from them. She stood on their cage one time and got attacked (they don't bite hard through the cage just a nip) so she fears them evil rats lol.

I love ratties. I have 3 atm. I lost 2 back in January thanks to horrid URIs. It's my first time with boys and let me tell ya, I love them to bits but I'll never get boys again after these 3.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cute!!!! Enzo adores Kitty too!!!! Cats really are great with all sorts of animals! I've always wondered if they realize what are YOUR "toys" and what are kitty toys. My granny's farm cats are the same way. They will kill wild animals, but leave the chicks (who run loose) and baby bunnies alone.

Hope you don't mind, but here's my addition to your thread!

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by okiron

I love ratties. I have 3 atm. I lost 2 back in January thanks to horrid URIs. It's my first time with boys and let me tell ya, I love them to bits but I'll never get boys again after these 3.
I much prefer the girls also, so much easier not having to deal with fighting and I love how the girls just go, go , go all the time. Oddly enough I have 6 boys currently, 5 of which are rescues that I just couldn't leave. I'm so sorry that you lost two of your babies, URIs are horrid and so hard to get under control.
Aww EnzoLeya your little rattie is adorable too! Such a cutie!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love ratties too... I had two females and I am going to adopt another pair in the future.
One of my girls had a nasty URI that turned into pneumonia which lasted 6 months or more despite all kinds of treatments and medications...

My cat just ignored the rats, she was not interested but my Golden Retriever just loved them (as she does all small critters...)

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Hope you don't mind, but here's my addition to your thread!
Aww so cute! I love it!

No no, I don't mind! In fact everyone should post their rattie/kitty relationship pictures hehe.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I love ratties too... I had two females and I am going to adopt another pair in the future.
One of my girls had a nasty URI that turned into pneumonia which lasted 6 months or more despite all kinds of treatments and medications...

My cat just ignored the rats, she was not interested but my Golden Retriever just loved them (as she does all small critters...)

How did you manage to get them both looking at the camera at the same time? So adorable.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your photos are adorable!!
That is the greatest seeing two different animals getting along

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww Cats and Dogs can Love rats too!!! I know mine do!!

My Dog and TempleTon....

(Older pic) Templeton and Jack...

You know what... Never mind, I Agree!! Cats Hate Rats!!!