Tommy the Bengal Needs a Home!

itibitikitimom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tommy is an eight year old male Bengal who is presently living at the Humane Society of Pensacola (In NW Florida). His Dad did not want to surrender him but, apparently, the Mom said, "Its Tommy or you". He is neutered, declawed and BEAUTIFUL!

He is, like most Bengals, VERY talkative. Apparently this is what bothered his old Mom. I would really love to find Tommy a home quickly as he is a WONDERFUL guy!

His picture is attached!

Thanks!!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh poor Tommy!
I wish he was closer to Nebraska! Would he fit into a multicat home? I would have chosen Tommy over the mean Mommy! My cats were a part of the package deal when I got married!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to contact the breeder? Many of us want our bengals back if they are going to be surrendered. I insist on it in my contract.

Hope you're able to place him soon. I'm sure he's a real sweetheart. Boo, on the wife for forcing such a decision!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itibitikitimom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had not even thought of contacting the original breeder. I had talked to his Dad about contacting Bengal Rescues before he surrendered him and he said he had tried with no luck. I'm in the process of going the Rescue route myself although that seems to be slow going which is why I posted him here.

Of course I dont have any of his registration paperwork so I'll have to call the Dad and see if he will supply me with the breeders name.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor boy, he's so handsome!!!

that he finds a good furEVER home soon!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would also recommend getting in touch with his breeder as I'm sure they would want to know what is happening and may want him back in order to find a suitable home for him.

It's also possible the owners signed a no de-claw agreement and were afraid to contact the breeder because of that. Call me suspicious.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Humph. S/O would go before the cat as far as I'm concerned!
Poor boy!
Yep, the "right" person would never make their SO get rid of the pets they love.

Poor Tommy, he is beautiful

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending happy rehoming prayers and vibes out for Tommy Thank God he is away from that "witch of a wife" - he has already been declawed
no telling what kind of emotional turmoil that he had endured, but hopefully, those dark days will be behind him now

itibitikitimom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I'm an hour outside of Pensacola. Do you know how he is with other cats?
Apparently they have another cat! So he came out of a multiple cat household.He doesnt seem to show aggression towards other cats here but, when he is out of his cage he is alone.

itibitikitimom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tommy is still here!

Looking for that purrrfect home in the Pensacola area.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Humph. S/O would go before the cat as far as I'm concerned!
Poor boy!
lol yea, i agree. I have told more then one person, sorry, they where here first.

hope he finds a home soon

itibitikitimom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tommy is still at the shelter and looking for the purrfect home.

He went through a bit of a spell of not feeling good last week but seems to be feeling better now. I think it's the stress of being in the shelter.

He is my project!