My cat just had a kitten!

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat bella just had a kitten! >3< my mom woke me up several minutes ago, to show me.
it's so cute, and look's just like it's mom!

It's so small and so amazing! I mean, I knew it would be small but ... wow!

We don't think that there are any more, which doesn't come as a suprise; the vet told us that there would probably be only one; MAYBE two.

I took pictures of it, too!

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...Campics012.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...Campics013.jpg

I had to hold up her leg a bit; it was on the kitten.

Also, I hope I did this right and didn't misplace this thread; I'm just so happy and had to share this!

EDIT: oops. I was wrong. Looks like she's about to have another. Yay! More names toc ome up with!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little tortie like mom.

I do hope they you will plan on getting mom spayed when they are weaned and not let her outside agein. Talk to your vet about the right time to do this. Also I hope you plan on keeping the kittens till 10-12 weeks old minimum so they learn more social/behaviorial skills. Its not enough to just let them go as soon as they are eating solid foods and using the litter pan. Kittens will nurse up to 10-12 weeks old as long as mom lets them

Looking forward to more pics when you can.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
is that a collar on your baby kitten? Does anyone here know if there's any danger of putting a collar on a kitten that tiny? I'd hate for something to happen.

Congrats on your kitty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

Oh sweet.
Are you planning on keeping them all?
Did she have another one?
She just had her second one; it's so cute!

And no, we're not; we don't have any more room for more cats xD
>3< I know I'll be super attached to them by then, though.

Again, they're so cuuute. I love htem~ :3 They both look like their mama.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

is that a collar on your baby kitten? Does anyone here know if there's any danger of putting a collar on a kitten that tiny? I'd hate for something to happen.

Congrats on your kitty!
The collar is on the mom. The kitten is the little tiny bugger. Kinda hard to see in the pics.

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

A little tortie like mom.

I do hope they you will plan on getting mom spayed when they are weaned and not let her outside agein. Talk to your vet about the right time to do this. Also I hope you plan on keeping the kittens till 10-12 weeks old minimum so they learn more social/behaviorial skills. Its not enough to just let them go as soon as they are eating solid foods and using the litter pan. Kittens will nurse up to 10-12 weeks old as long as mom lets them

Looking forward to more pics when you can.
:] Yea, we know; the vet told us when we took her to see if she was pregnant. But thanks anyway.
Also, Bella never got out; one of our males got her pregnant not long before we neutered him. He was the last one we had to neuter. It was a suprise that she got pregnant, to. we always thought it would be the other un-spayed female, Molly. Bella was always trying to rip their faces off during ... that time.

@Renovia
As Kai Bengals said, thats Bella's collar;
we got it for her for christmas.
And if the Holy schnikees was about how small they are, I agree. It was quite suprising.

... They are so soft!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If that's a flea collar, you should remove it right away. The toxins in it are bad for the kittens.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good, I couldn't tell for sure, and some things like that just don't occur to those who are used to seeing the cat all the time.

I just realized that I didn't even see the collar; I saw something, maybe a shadow, a mistook for a shiny dark brown collar. Had I seen the flowery one, I would have known better. My bad...eyes!

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Doesn't look like a flea collar - that's why I didn't say anything about the collar

So its only 2 torties?
Nope; she had another one. it's all white, with a blck mark on it's head, just like it's father. xD

My mom thinks it's two girls and a boy.

x3 They're all so cute and tiny!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sheeesh people behave and be nicer there are ways of asking questions in a friendly manner

Congratulations on your kitties kittens

cant wait too see pictures

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, looking forward to seeing more pictures!

molly&sophie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I took some more pictures, and I wanted ot show you!
It's really hard to get a good picture of them all, because two fo them are so dark.
Also, I think we've figured out what gender they are.
The first one is a girl, and a tortie, like it's mama. The second one is a boy, and all black (we think xD. It's hard to tell). The last one is white, with black on it's head and tail, like it's dad, and is a girl.

xD The white one is so easy to take a picture of, because it stands out so much.

Anyway, here are the pictures:
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...Campics014.jpg
This one was by far the best I could get; Bella was determened not to let me get a good picture. The black one is in this two; you just can't see it very well. I think it's behind the white one.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...Campics015.jpg
Here's a close up of the white one.

That's the best I could get, I'm afraid. Whale I was taking the pictures, Bella kept getting in the way and rubbing my hand and stuff. I'm going to try again later.

I swear, that white one act's just like her daddy; pushing her siblings away so she can get more from her mommy.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
congrats on the new babies! The lil white one with the spots on the head and the colored tail.... that's called Van (or Van's) markings - after the Turkish Van cat.