Stupid nerves

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If any of you have problems with anxiety you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm always getting this gnawing feeling in my upper abdomen. It feels like I'm hungry but it always comes back like 30 minutes after I eat. I know it's my nerves getting to me. It's really annoying.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I get it from acid reflux too...which is caused by anxiety for me. For awhile I just had "high acid content" in my stomach according to the doctor.
If it lasts for a couple days and hurts, you could try Zantac. It works for me (but takes a couple of days, as a side note).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Anxiety medicine might make your stomach feel better. Talk to your doctor.
I already take Lexapro for it but I think I need a higher dose or something different. I never get around to seeing the doc about it though.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had that a bit with anxiety, but I've also felt that way when I had an ulcer. (At the age of 13.) Have you had that checked out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I've had that a bit with anxiety, but I've also felt that way when I had an ulcer. (At the age of 13.) Have you had that checked out?
I haven't had any test done for to see if it's an ulcer but my doc knows my symptoms. Last time I was in he said it could be gastritis and they did blood work to check for H pylori. It came back negative.