Can you believe this coincidence?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local wine merchant has tastings Fridays - Sun. Last night, they had Lawrence Lohr from J. Lohr winery pouring his wines. Somehow, we started talking about our daughter, Jenny, who is a junior at Elmira College in Elmira, NY. Guess what? His grandmother went there! Class of '32. What a coincidence considering that there are 1500 students at Elmira. Heck, there were more kids in our daughter's HS!
Jenny was talking about bringing a bottle or two to her advisor. Lawrence autographed them for her with his grandmother's name. She is coming home tonight for a week before term 3 starts. I think that she will be surprised.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

That is a coincidence! It's a small world... and getting smaller all the time. But my burning question is: was the wine good?
Very good. It is a pretty well-known winery. We have bought their wines before and ordered some in restaurants, too.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, speaking of crazy coincidences. My DH had bought fix er upper Z28 Camaro from one of his buddies, Mark. Mark had bought it from a friend named Mike. Mark and few other friends brought the Camaro over today while DH is at work. Some new people are moving in just down the street and when they drove by they stopped. One of the guys asked where the car came from and we told him. As it turns out the guy Mike who originally owned the car is the Uncle of the guy who asked about it. How weird is that?