*****KatKwiz! - April 12 - KatKwery!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The KatKwery word of the day yesterday was won by luvmycat1 for using eating. 2100 points propels luvmycat1 into the lead in the race for the ____(huge)____ point jackpot later in the year.

I tried to send a PM to one of our members yesterday and got back the message that (name) has disabled private messaging. I am getting that message because (name) has _______(one or more steps)_____.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Disabled private messaging. To do that:

Make sure you're logged in
Go to User CP
Click on Edit Options
Scroll down to Message and Notification.
Under the topic Private Messaging
Unclick Enable Private Messaging

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That member has disabled the private messaging system. The steps to do that are:

Click on User CP
Click on Edit Options
Scroll to the Messaging and Notification area
Uncheck the box that says "Enable Private Messaging"
Scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woooo, secret words are cool.
(Not sure if Persi&Alley wants us to post when we win Katkwery)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuleNag

That member has disabled the private messaging system. The steps to do that are:

Click on User CP
Click on Edit Options
Scroll to the Messaging and Notification area
Uncheck the box that says "Enable Private Messaging"
Scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes"
The cats have been sequestered in a room for the last two hours and have finally decided that this is the answer. After all, if you do not save the changes, then the changes do not take effect at all.

2000 points to MuleNag!

KatKwery (700 points)
Do you ever disable PMs? Why or why not? What do you think when you get a message that a person has disabled PMs, do you think they are antisocial or what?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Id answer that but as im a minor i cannot yet PM

but ill be old enough next year haha a whooole year!

i dont think if somebody disables there PM's is antisocial everyone needs there own space not just cats

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't disabled PMS. I like to stay in the loop so to speak.
I would assume people that disable PMS just don't want to be bothered. It's better than being on a members ignore list. Never had that happen either.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never disabled PMs. I like being able to chat with people in private. When I have gotten a message that someone has disabled PMs I do not think they are anti social but I do wonder if maybe they are a bit cautious or possibly had a bad experience with someone with cyber bullying or such.
I personally like private messages.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KatKwery (700 points)
Do you ever disable PMs? Why or why not? What do you think when you get a message that a person has disabled PMs, do you think they are antisocial or what?
I have never disabled PMs at this site but have blocked certain people in my yahoo messenger.

As for members disabling PMs, I don't know what to think because I have never gotten that message. I know you can limit message to only those on your buddy list or monitors, but then you may be missing some exciting news or tidbits from people not on you buddy list.

I, for one, will most likely never disable my PMs. I like getting PMs from other members but they are few and far between! LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I can't help it, when I get this message it irritates me. I do a lot of PMs in connection with KatKwiz to ensure that a correct method has been used in coming up with the answer. When I get this message, I feel so utterly helpless. I do feel like the person is being antisocial and I do not know why, so it frustrates me. Perhaps that needs to be a KatKwiz question, how to build a list of individual people you do not want to hear from rather than shut everybody off.

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! I'm on a roll!

Only one more Kwiz win for the month to max out! Now I just gotta start getting the Kwery word!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never disabled my PMs. Maybe have let my inbox get too full, but never disabled. I love getting PMs! It's like getting that one piece of personal mail in amongst all the bills and solicitations.

I kinda feel that a person is being antisocial for not accepting PMs. I can't imagine PMs being bother. But, like I said, I love 'em! A PM sort of makes things a bit more personal. Even though we may respond to others in their threads a PM is one on one. That's why I'm always here trying to win the KatKwiz or KatKwery...I need that PM from the cats.
Even though it's a generic "you got points" PM, I still like it!
Can you tell that I am easily amused!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
As a mod, I can't disable PMs (though I've disabled the automatic ones from the arcade) or put anybody on an Ignore list. If somebody has disabled PMs, I just figure they aren't "chatty", or perhaps are afraid the mods will PM them about misbehavior (???). The latter strategy is a waste of time, as they'll simply get an email instead.

M;,mk,l (Jamie's reply)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

As a mod, I can't disable PMs (though I've disabled the automatic ones from the arcade) or put anybody on an Ignore list. If somebody has disabled PMs, I just figure they aren't "chatty", or perhaps are afraid the mods will PM them about misbehavior (???). The latter strategy is a waste of time, as they'll simply get an email instead.

M;,mk,l (Jamie's reply)
OMG!
I'll bet Jamie's reply is the secret word!!!

I don't disable PMs, I like getting them too much. Especially those comforting ones when Smudge 1 died, or when we lost my mom. When I was super depressed about Smudge, I did come on in invisible mode for a while so I wouldn't have to "face" anyone. But the people on here are so much nicer than IRL people! I would never ignore them!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

OMG!
I'll bet Jamie's reply is the secret word!!!

I don't disable PMs, I like getting them too much. Especially those comforting ones when Smudge 1 died, or when we lost my mom. When I was super depressed about Smudge, I did come on in invisible mode for a while so I wouldn't have to "face" anyone. But the people on here are so much nicer than IRL people! I would never ignore them!
I'm usually in "invisible mode", because otherwise I'm too distracted by PMs. My b-i-l feels obligated to email or PM me about any posts he finds the least bit controversial or objectionable, so being invisible allows me to actually read posts without being under pressure to reply to him.

Sorry, M.!