Siam has cancer

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please mods, move this to the right place for me. I can't seem to find it on my own.
My Siam was diagnosed with a very agressive form of cancer last Saturday.
He's only two years old. When I first took him to Dr. Jennifer the week before, it was because he was sneezing, seemed to be losing weight, and I felt a lump on his left side. My DH couldn't decide if he felt the swelling or not.
Dr. J said she felt it it and he lost 2 lbs. She treated him for a URI and said he was too young to have cancer, to bring him back in a week if the lump was still there and he didn't seem to feel any better. I took him back last Fri to get blood work done and they did a needle biopsy of his lump. She called me Sat and gave me the bad news.
My poor baby is slipping away so fast. I give him spoonfuls of food as often as he looks interested.
I have been giving him prednisone since Mon and it has helped his appetite and given him a bit of energy. Enough to to interact with us.
I'm so glad I had his company for 2 years. He has been such a joy to our lives, our little clown boy. But my heart is breaking to lose him. I can't stop crying tonight, so...sorry for the typos.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I`m so sorry for you both

I`m sure you will make the most of whatever time he has left

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry about your young Siam having cancer.

(If you need someone to talk to, you are welcome to PM me.)

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry. For such a young boy too. I lost one young to FIP and it is doubly devastating because you hope to have some years together.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

I'm so glad I had his company for 2 years. He has been such a joy to our lives, our little clown boy. But my heart is breaking to lose him. I can't stop crying tonight, so...sorry for the typos.
Oh how unfair. I know that your heart is breaking.

May peace be with you both.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I am so sorry to hear this, I will keep you in my thoughts, and pray it is a slow growing cancer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.
Siam doesn't seem to be feeling too well today and his eyes are dialated so I think he has pain. But he's sleeping on the back of the chair and not hiding. I'm going to give his prednisone soon and that should help.
Unfortunately, this is a very aggressive cancer. We don't have much time left with him. I'm so devestated.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There really are no words that can comfort you at a time like this...
just know that we understand how you feel and are here for you.

Siam

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry - you and Siam, and the rest of your family, are in my prayers.

eliot'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about Siam. I just lost my Bella (my dog) to cancer. I know what it is like to lose a beloved member of the family before their time.

PM me if you need to talk. Hugs.

meezersmom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Siam. My heart goes out to you, I have known the loss of a kitty from cancer, but not so young. I never used to realize that cats are also subject to this dreadful disease. (Doesn't seem fair, does it?)
May you treasure every moment of the time Siam has yet to spend with you.
Thinking of you & your beloved kitty.