I can see and feel the babies kicking?!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You should really find a good rescue to take them to and they will find good homes for them and spay/neuter them so the cycle doesn't continue.

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok
i did get advantage from a neighbor thank god
it worked i havent seen no fleas on her at all today yet
anyways
3 days ago her mucus plug passed
and no kittens yet
and her babies are constantly moving
and i called the vet
they wouldnt help me
the only thing they said was "oh u should bring her in" then started saying prices for bringing her in like $70-$100
its ridiculous
anyways and her glands are getting bigger but........
no milk at all? i dont understand
and is it possible for her babies to be born and she doesnt have any milk? I hope that doesnt happen!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
where are you situated?
UK or US if US where in US r u stiuated!

everyone else as abbysmom said sadosi is under 18 and has come here asking advice!
she is trying her hardest for her cat!
im under 17 and ask questions and none of you feel the need too be nasty too me do you so behave!
were all adults here!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the milk doesnt come in until the kittens are born or right before. As for the mucous plug, some cats have been known to lose theirs days (or a week) before.

I'm glad she received a flea treatment, one less thing for you to worry about. The kittens will be here before you know it. Sometimes the wait drags on forrrrrrever! But once they're here they grow so fast! My current fosters will be 5 weeks on Monday. I cant believe it.

Hope it's soon, for your sake
But we're here for you if you have any more questions.

Marian

ETA - I reread your post - you said her glands are getting bigger, but you arent getting milk. Sounds like her colostrum is in, but it is very hard to express milk from a cat. I have seen vets have difficulty expressing it.

PS - it's good that you still feel movement. I'm sure things are on track. We always seem to be more anxious than the moms... go figure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you got some advantage! I hope it was the cat kind and not the dog kind. Call several different vets until someone will actually help you. Many want to just charge an arm and a leg. I would think as long as the babies are moving they are healthy. Maybe what you saw wasn't the mucus plug but just discharge. Sophie had discharge for over a week but had her actual mucus plug right before delivery. Keep us updated...

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would like to add to this thread my opinion. Before I do, I want to say though, that we are all entitled to our opinion, and I'm not in any way trying to offend anyone who has posted in this thread or start a debate.

I think that sadosi has done a selfless thing helping this momma cat in her time of need, regardless if sadosi can afford vet visits and such. Having a warm inside place to stay is more than the cat had beforehand, so the kitty is blessed IMO. The fact sadosi came to this site seeking help and information says alot and I hope things go well for momma and the babies to come.

Good luck and I am watching the thread for baby pictures

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the Muscus Plug comes out a week before they have. My Friend used to be a Breeder and I would be online with her when it happened. I hope everything goes ok.

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks everyone for the awesome replies
they made me feel a lot better

anyways i have 2 questions
right now i see more mucus coming out of her AREA
and its pretty nasty
is it just discharge? how do i know for sure its the mucus plug???
and 1 more question
are we allowed to touch the babies at all? when they are born?
thanks lots

and she keeps sleeping under my sister's bed! hope she don't have her babies there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you make her a comfy box that she can have babies in? A mucus plug is basically a pink or green slimy thing. Sorry for the graphic detail.
And yes! Hold the babies every day several times a day so they are used to human contact! Babies handled every day from birth make much better pets.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As with humans, cats can lose part of their mucous plug at a time, up to a week before delivery. But when they lose the full plug, there is no mistaken they lost it, there is just a lot more. A whole as opposed to the parts or spotting you've been seeing. Usually when they lose the final part, the cat delivers within 24 hours. But we dont always see them lose it. A lot of times they clean themselves without us noticing a thing.

If you can, try to keep your girl from having her kittens under the bed. Block her access if you can. I know that's a tough task, I usually take my bed off it's frame, but I know this isnt an option for everyone. I also set up a coupe different nesting boxes for my moms to choose from. One box with no top, one covered box with a hole on the side in case they mom wants privacy (but I always make sure the lid is removable in case you need to help, and of course they have their carrying crate.

Stuff a box with a lot of old towels and sheets and she might not want to go under the bed any more.

And like Lindsey said, you can touch them from the minute they are born. In fact you will want to handle them daily so they can be properly socialized. I even introduce my kittens to the resident cats and dog when they are about 3 weeks old.

Good luck! I cant wait for the healthy litter announcement!

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes i did make her a nice comfy bed lol
and my step dad was finally being generous and gave us some type of money and i got $30 and i decided to spend it on stuff for the cats
i got some collars and a nice playhouse for the little kittens when they are born
and more stuff like toys, flea stuff. i can't wait! i love cute kitties

here somes pictures of a lot of other cats we had but found new homes for only 1 of them and 1 died

This is Crystal! Shes 4 years old!

This is scaredy cat, she wasn't really ours, she was our neighbor's cat but we kinda took better care of her, but we found her on the side of the street one day.. dead....R.I.P.

Cream sicle!!!! We found him a new home! He was a boy cat and my mom isn't too crazy over boy cats! lol

and my favorite cat of all time
JELLY ROLLS!

my favorite kitties
)))))))))

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm Idk But I Think She May Be Gettin Ready To Go In Labor
She Decided To Go To The Box I Made For Her And She Sitting There And Been Looking Her Area For Like 15 Minutes Straight Without Stopping Hmm?

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she stills licking!
i hope this is it!
shes laying the box too
BTW
heres a pic of jelly rolls, my favorite kitty, in the new playhouse for the kittens

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasnt left the box huh? Sounds like you'll be announcing kitties soon! Hope she doesnt have you up all night
Still wishing her all the luck for a smooth delivery.

And love the pics of your other cats. Jelly is a cutie! Looks like she loves her new house!

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well its been a day and she hasnt gone into labor
nothing else has been coming out of her AREA and IDK maybe it was just discharge . HMM thanks for the reply btw

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No problem. I know the wait is excruciating sometimes, but they'll be here and grown before you know it!

Still watching for the endearing update!

sadosi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
her bottom 4 breast glands are getting bigger but not the top ones, and no milk is coming out of them at all, and last night she was showing nesting behavior,

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay.

First of all... fleas will NOT kill a litter. Come on folks. FERALS do NOT have flea protection ... and they breed CONSTANTLY.

It isn't *great* if the mom has fleas, but it will NOT harm or flipping KILL a litter. Let us not scare and over-dramatize things or give bad or erroneous information, you know?

Second, putting Advantage on a queen about to BIRTH was really BAD advice. Nursing or pregnant cats should NEVER EVER EVER have Advantage OR Frontline applied to them!! READ the warning labels, PLEASE for ALL medications on your animals and PLEASE abide by the warnings!! They are put there to prevent you from harming or killing your pet!

I have NO idea where this notion that fleas will kill kittens comes from. It's not great, and it's a vector point, but my god, don't poison and potentially kill a litter with flea protection ... you can always use a flea comb and dip the comb in rubbing alcohol to kill the fleas on the comb.

This is a GREAT time to make the point too - to NEVER blindly follow medical advice on the internet! PLEASE always verify such advice by googling on it or asking a vet or READING the labels on the product.

This is not meant to slam the original poster.

Now obviously the kittens are still alive, so ... likely nothing bad happened by using the Advantage. But you were *lucky*! They have those warnings because when they did studies, litters died or had birth defects or the mothers died. They didn't put those warnings on the labels just to be killjoys, but to protect them from lawsuits.

So yes, while it is BEST for the mother to be de-loused before she gives birth ... it is NOT required. Kittens *can* become anemic quickly from fleas, and fleas are a disease vector. BUT stray and feral cats give birth to THOUSANDS of litters every minute of every day in holes, and garbage, and you name it, and those litters LIVE and flourish *just* fine! Otherwise we would not have an overpopulation problem! LOL

So let's not give out bad and wrong information, or scare folks into doing something way worse than if they did nothing at all.

And for the record, Advantage only works for ADULT fleas. It does NOTHING for the eggs or larva. You will have fleas, as a result. Hopefully nothing harmful will happen to the kittens because of the poisons in the Advantage. but they will STILL have fleas. And they will not die unless you allow the fleas to get that bad to where the kittens become anemic.

Because Advantage, Frontline, and Advantix have warnings about being used on pregnant or nursing animals, I would not use these EVER.

Also, do NOT apply these products to the newborn kittens!! EVER.

Just use a flea comb or pick the fleas off with tweezers and place the fleas into a jar of alcohol or dip the comb.

Then use flea control methoprene premise sprays to control the fleas in the room, since the kittens will be contained in the nest for a few weeks, so they should be safe and not wandering too much.

You are doing good! And bravo for caring for these babies and the cats in general!
Just don't believe everything you read and check check check before acting and always read the labels. Warnings should not be ignored. They are there because other animals died or had serious medical issues.

Just my 2 cents.

alyssa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry ... I just get passionate about folks using stuff when it expressly warns against using it.