Low Carb wet food

momoftwogirls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all I am new here and have two female cats, one is a little overweight and the other is diabetic ( going on 2 years this month) and it is well controlled with Humulin N 4 units 2x a day. I went to the vet last week and he wants me to try and get them to eat just wet food, since they both need the low carb diet, I am looking for help to try and find non prescription wet food. They are now on MD wet food and I am weaning off the dry food. I would like to find a wet food that is less than 7% carbs. I know the trick about the first five ingredients needing to be protein, but the vet says to only use that in emergency situations. I am hoping to get a good brand that they will eat, and if it is successful then the diabetic cat will need less insulin. Thanks for all the help.

Momoftwogirls

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momoftwogirls

Where can I find these... Thanks for the help
I will see if I still have it ... a wellness rep who sometimes is on the forums gave that info to me ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momoftwogirls

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!!!! I used the links that some of you provided me...... I found a place close to my home that had EVO and Wellness, they also had go! that the store owner says is a new no grain low carb/high protein canned food, I got a few of each to see what the girls like best. Thanks again for all the help to find these products, I am excited to get them on wet food that is low carb. I gave them the EVO tonight and they LOVE IT. Well here is to eating better.... I will keep you all posted on the progress.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am super picky about what cat food my babies eat. Wellness is their favorite. But I like to mix in solid gold or Natural Balance every now and then.