Does your DH or S/O help out around the house?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH, god love him, helps me out A LOT around the house. He doesn't mind vaccuuming, scrubbing the carpets and the kitchen floor...in fact, he basically thinks those two tasks are "his" job and I don't argue! If he gets home before me, he starts dinner, he doesn't mind throwing in a load of laundry (he hates folding though). He doesn't do bathrooms or litter boxes but basically he is wonderful.

The only real pet peeve I have is he doesn't pre-wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. He holds them under running water, but that doesn't help if they're really nasty. I just think it's funny that someone who will spend 20 minutes going over 1 stain on the carpet with the carpet scrubber can't take an extra 30 seconds to make sure all the cheese is off a fork.

But, over all, I can't complain! Anyone else?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is GREAT around the home. I feel very lucky.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel bad, I'm not a cleaner (I like clean & organized, I do organize really well
& I'm not a cook either (but neither is my DH)

My DH does most of cleaning and wash... I usually do the bathroom, & vacumming, dusting. I'm a bad wife
but my DH loves me just the way I am. He always says we think the same and are the same... good or bad?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DF use to be, but because his back hasn't been great the last year, he can't stand for very long periods without messing it up for a few days (which doubles my duty).

I really wish he could help me out more, butI guess I'm making up for all the chores I DIDN'T do as a kid

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course!
We both work and we both pitch in around the house. He's good about helping out. The only thing he does not do is clean litter pans. He'll do just about anything else though.

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you should be asking my bf if I help around the house or not lmao. I feed the cats and rats, clean the litterboxes, do dishes and laundry. Everything else is him.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you kidding me? Half the time I feel like a slave because he won't get off the Xbox to get his own glass of pop. I'm always getting him stuff and running to the gas station for him. I'm starting to put my foot down though. As far as household chores go I don't mind because I'm not working right now.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If by help you mean coming in at 3am, drunk out of your mind and waking all the kids up and then passing out on the john then yes he's great at it!

I couldn't get my DH to feed the cats or change a littler pan if my life depened upon it!! He works, I do the rest. If it doesn't get done, then it doesn't get done and if he really wants it done I figure he'll get off his butt and do it himself! With 3 kids, most days 4 anymore, I can't do it all!

felinelady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
DH is a tremendous help around the house, especially during the extra-busy times of the semester (like this month) that are filled with essay-grading. He is definitely a sanity-saver.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He does a little bit, but mostly if I ask him, and he knows I'll get mad if he doesn't do what I ask. Say he has a day off and I'm at work, or he closes and has to go in for 3. I'll ask him to just make sure the dishes are done, because I don't want to do that when I get home.

I don't ask him to do much, mostly cause I like to do things on the weekends. But he usually does what I ask him to do.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel very lucky to say that yes, my DH does a good share of work around the house. He regularly washes the dishes, cleans the bathroom and takes out the trash. He is also known to spontaneously vacuum on the weekends (I think this has to do with litter scatter annoying him
--keep it up kids!)

I do the bulk of cooking and kitty care along with the grocery shopping and general household buying (soap, paper towel, etc).