Kittens being born right now!

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Marley, the cat I'm fostering, is giving birth -right as I speak-! I was up there to see the first kitten come out (who is moving around very healthily, and already latched on a nippe), and it looks like she's resting for round 2.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can ! eeeeeee!

(whats the longest I should go between kittens without being worried?)

theallis5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yay!!

Babies!

There could be an hour (or more) between babies, try not to worry. Most of the time, mama cats do a fine job, all on their own! Post pics when you can!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallis5

yay!!

Babies!

There could be an hour (or more) between babies, try not to worry. Most of the time, mama cats do a fine job, all on their own! Post pics when you can!!

Salem just had her babies today too, and the 2nd one was born about 20 minutes after the 1st one. Then she went about an hour before having the next two, and the 4th one was born about 10 minutes after the 3rd one. You'll know she's done delivering when she discharges the afterbirth sac.

Hope everything goes well!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Keep us posted... What color is mama and what color is the first baby?
Mama is a grey tiger stripe kitty (with almost medium length hair), and the first baby appears to be all black, but I didn't get too close (I didn't want to distract mama from her job!)

I've been so lucky to be able to foster Marley. She is the -sweetest-, most trusting cat. I picked her up one day, stuck her in my car, took her to the vet, stuck her BACK in my car, and brought her to my house (where there were nine other cats on the other side of the door)... and she slept right next to me that night, and every night since then

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waxlight

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was wrong about the first one, once it dried off, it was grey tiger striped, like it's mommie

The second one was just born - I couldn't believe how you can watch the contractions go through the whole belly!

I know there are more in there.. can't wait to meet 'em

gaylemg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is Marley doing now? How many babies? Congrats on the little ones! It's exciting to watch the birth, isn't it? I managed to catch Rags delivering the last one. She had already had the first four when I went in to check on her that morning.