strange....

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I don't really know how to say this, but I need to talk about it because I am confused.

The other day, I had to deliver a paper to a guy I am acquainted with. (He is part of a committee that I chair - not work related) He was at a construction site that he is in charge of and I was on my way to work so I just popped on by to deliver the paper that he needed. I gave him the paper and as I stood there next to him, looking at the building, this smell drifted my way from him. (this is the part by which I am confused...) He smelled Great. Not great, like "nice cologne", but great like every cell in my brain stands on end freaked out type of great. I was literally gobsmacked....I have never been so caught off guard by the way someone smells...is this weird or what?

Has anyone here ever had a similar experience?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever had that reaction but your brain must have really dug that guys pharamones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was really weird...I said something about how nice the building looked before I got out of there, but I probably sounded like an idiot...my brain was just spinning in place...no gears were engaged at that point

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had that reaction! I had an ex whos cologne was just so amazing smelling it was like I melted.
Not like the Axe commercials but like "omg you smell amazing"

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get that way when I smell the mens cologne - Curve
I don't know what it is about that smell but oh.my.goodness

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one mens colonge that makes me weak in the knees and that's Gio by Georgio Armani. If I wasn't married I'd jump a cute guys bones for wearing that colonge.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I get that way when I smell the mens cologne - Curve
I don't know what it is about that smell but oh.my.goodness
OMG, me too... I absolutely LOVE that smell.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

OMG, me too... I absolutely LOVE that smell.
I'm glad I'm not the only one out there

Its not good when someone at work comes in with it on, I have to leave the room

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, it sounds like you're responding either to this man's own pheromones, or to those in some cologne he's using. Do you plan to pursue the, um, attraction?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Yup, it sounds like you're responding either to this man's own pheromones, or to those in some cologne he's using. Do you plan to pursue the, um, attraction?
Heavens no! I'm married
So is he, now that I think about it...

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can remember being at a function and several of the men working on the committee walked by. One had on this FANTASTIC cologne. I almost drooled. Actually, I almost jumped up to find out what he was wearing and if he wanted to go find a broom closet! But my SO was sitting next to me. All night I was trying to figure out which man was wearing that cologne!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry but I am
I have never had a reaction like that to a cologne but obviously I must never had run into the right kinds.
Now I am going to have to run out and find some "Curve" to smell it and get it for my DH if I like it.
Of course, who knows if it will work with his chemistry or not.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That story is awesome! Thanks for sharing
I love certain smells too, but never have had a reaction like yours sounds.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Ok, I don't really know how to say this, but I need to talk about it because I am confused.

The other day, I had to deliver a paper to a guy I am acquainted with. (He is part of a committee that I chair - not work related) He was at a construction site that he is in charge of and I was on my way to work so I just popped on by to deliver the paper that he needed. I gave him the paper and as I stood there next to him, looking at the building, this smell drifted my way from him. (this is the part by which I am confused...) He smelled Great. Not great, like "nice cologne", but great like every cell in my brain stands on end freaked out type of great. I was literally gobsmacked....I have never been so caught off guard by the way someone smells...is this weird or what?

Wait.. do you mean he had an attractive smell?.. or gross smell??

I cant wear Perfume ((my Allergies get real bad with Perfume)).. so I sometimes wear RGX Body Spray, which is made for Guys, cuz it doesnt bother my allergies and it smells awsome!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Science Digest does not sound like a magazine you would go to find things like this, but it is. The back of this magazine is filled with ads for smells like this as well as more direct things. I subscribed to Science Digest many years ago and it never had this type of advertising but it has taken over the back of the magazine.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, my question is, since you're on the same committee, will you be running into him again and will you have the same reaction?

Many years ago, I was doing a day of extra work on Law & order. It was when Jerry Orbach was still alive and on it, and Benjamin Bratt played his partner.

I was directed to walk in, after they had walked in and sat down at their desks. I was supposed to be delivering food from a deli. I was standing behind Benjamin Bratt, waiting for "action", and he smelled soooooo good!! I don't know what cologne he was wearing, but I swear, whenever I see him in something the memory of that smell comes back.

Hot. Very hot.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

one thing too say here..........
LYNX- Africa
Oh wow, it's not just me then!! That's my secret little freaky-fact (well, not any more!) but every time I get even the slightest hint of that stuff, I literally fall over!! They used to wind me up something rotten with it - a boyfriend at the time actually sprayed it on me and then wondered why I was practically rolling on the floor!
There's definitely something in that stuff! Brings me to my knees every single time!