'Chinese Democracy' (Not a political thread)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I woke up this morning I felt... strange. I saw a pig fly by my window. I thought I saw a dog and cat get a long. I saw a police officer let a guy out of a speeding ticket.

Now I know why.

'Chinese Democracy' the album 14 years in the making by Guns N Roses is done. It was turned in to Geffen Records.

http://www.hiphop-elements.com/article/read/4/21012/1/

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have high hopes for this ablum. Best of my knowledge the only orignal member that will be on the album is Axel and its just not the smae for me unless its all of them.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll believe it when I actually see it for sale. There has been so many rumors that it's "done" and "ready for production". There have been many a release date that have come and gone. I've even heard a song from it (allegedly - it was Axl singing, and it wasn't anything I'd heard before, but that doesn't mean it was actually for Chinese Democracy).

Personally I think the real GNR already did an album - under the name of Velvet Revolver. Had Scott Weiland on vocals, and it's a nasty breakup now (sound familiar?
), but had Slash, Duff and Steven Adler.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Personally I think the real GNR already did an album - under the name of Velvet Revolver. Had Scott Weiland on vocals, and it's a nasty breakup now (sound familiar?
I agree that is GNR. I have a few songs that I like by Velvet Revolver. IMO Axl is just using the tag line GNR to get people to buy this album. and I have a feeling people will be disappointed when they hear it. I have heard 1 or 2 songs that have been leaked and did not like them at all. Its just NOT GNR.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
When I saw the post's title, I had to scratch my head...I didn't know China had democracy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'll believe it when I actually see it for sale. There has been so many rumors that it's "done" and "ready for production". There have been many a release date that have come and gone. I've even heard a song from it (allegedly - it was Axl singing, and it wasn't anything I'd heard before, but that doesn't mean it was actually for Chinese Democracy).

I agree with you. Seeing that the album is in negotiations with the record company this could go on for years. Anyone remember Adam Ant's problems? He's had a record sitting on the shelves of his company for nearly 15 years!

I would like to hear it just once though... even if it is terrible.