Cry baby

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do your cat's whine and cry for you to put dry food down and when you do they nibble a few bites and walk away? Popsie does this all the dang time. Usually there's always dry in his dish but sometimes he'll empty it before I notice it needs filled. Then the crying starts in. Or sometimes he'll refuse to eat it until I mist it with water. What a spoiled brat.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oliver and Popsie could be brothers -- he does the same thing. Rocky's not so food-motivated, but he will cry if he feels neglected.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Do your cat's whine and cry for you to put dry food down and when you do they nibble a few bites and walk away?
That's cute but mine have never walked away from a dish with food.
5 out of the 11 will form a chorus of whiners because I'm too slow dishing out the dry food and putting it on each of their trays.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sho doesn't whine, but he does get very annoying and pushy. DH gets the blunt of it - Sho will paw and bite him on the elbow. Drives poor DH crazy when Sho does that for an hour just so he can walk off from the food.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shark and Arwen will whine and whine for their food, and when you put it down in front of them, they sometimes just sniff it then walk away

And if they leave it for a while, the dog eats it anyway..then they come back for more, I will pour it out for them, then they do the same thing only this time they will have a few nibbles from it first.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacob makes such a racket when I start getting his dinner ready, he's a mouthy Oriental and starts braying like a donkey as soon as I pick up his bowl. He has also been known to jump up at me and hang off my t-shirt by his front claws, bellowing at me

I can't honestly say that any of mine have ever refused food, they are feline waste disposal units, and if anything was left in their bowls it would be so out of character that it would prompt a vet visit!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Do your cat's whine and cry for you to put dry food down and when you do they nibble a few bites and walk away? Popsie does this all the dang time. Usually there's always dry in his dish but sometimes he'll empty it before I notice it needs filled. Then the crying starts in. Or sometimes he'll refuse to eat it until I mist it with water. What a spoiled brat.
My cats have dry food available 24/7 so this is not a problem.