Pregnant?

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all. My sister Mews2much has been a member here for a while and I just joined and she thought it might be a good idea to post in here. I have been on birth control for over 3 years and now I think I may be pregnant. I am 6-7 days late. I took a preg test 2 days ago with a negative result. Planned Parenthood said to wait one more week and try again or come in. I have had a bubbly/gassy feeling in my stomach and getting headaches. I am just not sure what to make of all this since I am pretty regular. I guess only time will tell.

Frances

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ACtually sometimes the birth control pill can really screw up your cycle, even if you are regular. BUt then again, I got pregnant with my son when I was taking it, so anything is possible! I would agree, wait another week and try not to stress out too much over it, because sometimes that can cause your cycle to go a bit funny too. I've only just had the same problem - I was actually 10 days late (until Tuesday, that is) - mostly because my implant is going a little funny and my best beloved had spent the last month stressing me out about how he wants kids of his own.

Good luck with the test hun and let us know how it goes.

By the way, great to have you on board at TCS

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

I hope this works out whichever way you want it too
Maybe get one of those early detecting prego tests?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Surprisingly, I'm not really that stressed out about. Just waiting...I will let you all know either way.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS. Do you think you might have caught a Spring "bug"? That could cause stomach upset, headaches, and a late period. A week really isn't all that long.

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't really feel that sick. A week isn't really normal for me. I have always been right on time for 3 years. Like I said, all I can do is wait it out. I did read about birth control causing skipped periods so we will see on Monday.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible to be pregnant and on the pill. Lots of "accidents" happen cause you are not consistent in taking them. Please give a lot of consideration as to what you will do if you are pregnant. I hope you don't choose abortion. If you can't keep the baby, then the most loving thing you can do is to put him/her up for adoption.

Best wishes in whatever you decide. BTW sometimes stress/worrying can make your period late

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have told my Sister what I think she should do if she is Preg. My Mom had not had a Period in a year when she got Preg with my Sister. My Mom was Adopted. I told her to have the baby if she is Preg.

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I am preg I have decided I would keep it anyways. I will take the test monday even though I want to now. What's 3 more days!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive gotten pregnant on birth control before, but even before the first day of my missed period Ive always gotten results on a test! Maybe its just a stress thing!! How old are you anyways?? (not that it matters!)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive had the same problem, and i have been feeling nauseus for the past two weeks. I did get my period but its so weak im still stressed out about it. I dont want to have children untill we finally get married and i have a stable job. which wont be for another year anyway. but have you ever taken your pill late or missed a day?

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes...I am almost 25. I have been late on taking a pill but no different than in the past 3 years I have been on it. Not really under a lot of stress either. Like I said, even with late pills...I have been regular. Always on time! Just not now. 8 days late so far.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with whatever it is you want! With my second pregnancy, I was late, took a test and it was negative... I week later, took it again, and sure enough. Of course that was over 13 years ago... they have come along way since then.

Still good luck with everything!

Oh and with all five of my pregnancies - my biggest early symptom was tender breasts and EXTREME fatigue.

PS welcome to TCS!

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I did get 2 at the $ store after a lot of research. I read that several people used them without flaws. I just wanted something cheap to try at first and see how it goes and that's why I am waiting before I take another test. 2 more days and then I'll take it.

Also, I did read about taking a test to early. It cannot accurately detect the hormone produces when women get pregnant. That may be the reason behind a negative test the first time.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Frances, welcome to The Cat Site.

I don't have any advice for you, just a welcome.
I hope you get the outcome you desire!