TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › When you're sick
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When you're sick

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Do you have a hard time sleeping? I went to bed at 10:30 because I could hardley keep my eyes open. I dozed off for awhile but now I can't sleep. I don't know why I get like that when I'm sick.
post #2 of 9
Usually, but for me any sort of flu or cold means that I likely cannot breathe. So that makes laying down and sleeping difficult... DH has even kicked me out of bed for gasping and wheezing before.
post #3 of 9
Nope...all I do is sleep when I am sick. I could stay awake if I had the energy. I get hyper on some medicines.
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat1 View Post
Do you have a hard time sleeping? I went to bed at 10:30 because I could hardley keep my eyes open. I dozed off for awhile but now I can't sleep. I don't know why I get like that when I'm sick.
I get that way with sinus infections. Sometimes I think it's the medication. I take Allegra D for my allergies but I also take cold medicines that contain pseudoephedrine.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
but I also take cold medicines that contain pseudoephedrine.
I didn't know there were any that still contained that? It's too bad really, in a pinch - if I didn't have my other meds or they weren't working enough the ephedrine and pseudoephedrine can help act as a vasoconstrictor and get blood pressure up a little.
post #6 of 9
I wish I could sleep when I'm well!! I do sleep quite heavily when I'm sick... and for long periods of time. Unless I'm having problems breathing, because then I can be awake all night.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
I didn't know there were any that still contained that? It's too bad really, in a pinch - if I didn't have my other meds or they weren't working enough the ephedrine and pseudoephedrine can help act as a vasoconstrictor and get blood pressure up a little.
They are still sold OTC but you have to get them from the pharmacist instead of grabbing them right off of the shelf. At least that's the way it is here in Ohio, it may vary from state to state. This is due to it being used in making meth.
post #8 of 9
It depends on what I'm sick with. If there is pain involved, or a stuffy nose, or cough, I don't sleep well. But for most other things the best thing for me is to sleep, and that's what my body usually does.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
This is due to it being used in making meth.
I know. It may be because Oklahoma is notorious as one of the states that there are a lot of people making meth (I've even smelled suspicious houses and trailers in the little town I used to live it), so they've really cracked down on it here. I haven't seen any behind the counters at the pharmacy I use, though for some reason they put the larger boxes of Prilosec OTC back there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › When you're sick