Kitten pics.

nicochick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

We have 3 kittens - born a week ago today. Have attached some photo's - 2 black and white and a tabby, we think they're all girls. Will post more up-to-date ones as the days/weeks go by!

Enjoy...

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They're all so cute!! I do have the opinion that the last one is the cutest, though. It has that white around it's mouth that is darling with the pink nose buried in there.... and it's head is so round
It looks like a real cuddler-to-be
They look great! Good luck with them!

Susan

charmaniac

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am taking care of a pregnant stray. At what point do the eyes of the kittens open? I didn't realize they are born with closed eyes. Also, how big were they compared to your hand when they were born?

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by charmaniac

I am taking care of a pregnant stray. At what point do the eyes of the kittens open? I didn't realize they are born with closed eyes. Also, how big were they compared to your hand when they were born?
They are adorable little things!!! Cuteness overload!

To charmaniac: the kittens eyes open around one week give or take a couple days. We have one member here that had their eyes open the VERY next day after their birth - this is rare, but it happens, and there are kittens whose eyes dont open til they're two weeks... so it's an average. Also I've read that kittens opening their eyes is dependent on their hair length. Short-haired kittens open their eyes between 5-8 days and long-hair 10-14... According to what I read, they dont know why, but they said it's pretty consistent with long-haired verses short-haired breeds.