hey can i have some help?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok as im 17 im not all understandingthese search sites, but im looking for my real dad!

i cannot find him in any census's but i have found his brothers marriage in the census!
all the info i have is dad is called mike lilly.....
his brother is ivan lilly...
he married a tigwell...
there all in basing stoke...
this is all i can find on his brother

Name Spouse's last name Registration District Year of Registration Month of Registration
LILLY, Ivan C Tigwell Basingstoke 1995 June District No 491
Page No 0247
Ent No 036
Source Code RA

any vibes and prayers would help

i have too find him i have so many questions too be answered
and i dont want tooo wait till its too late

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I hope you can find your real dad!
Many for you to find him!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH is good at finding people. I'll have him read your post tonite and see what he can do to help you out in your search.

Keep in mind one very important thing. Your "real" dad may not want to be found. So be prepared for rejection if you find him. Its not all happy reunions that you see on tv - many are rejected and they don't show that side of the story!

I'm adopted - I have NO desire to find my real parents if they still are alive. The best thing they did was put me up for adoption. I had a wonderful dad and now my mom is in assisted living cause of Alzhimer's. But they are my mom and dad - not the biological man and woman who created me

tinkrbl5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck finding your dad. I was adopted as well. I was reunited with my biological dad over 15 yrs ago. He is a good man and has waited for me to find him. He didn't want to seek me out becuz he was afraid he would disrupt my life. I was blessed to have found him. I found I had 2 brothers as well. I talk to them often. My biological mom on the other hand was not a "T.V." moment reunion. We do not talk but I know who she is. When you do find your dad you will also want to learn about his family's health. This information will be helpful to you in the future. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Goldenkitty, thankyou that would be fantastic....
i know when i was born my father didnt believe i was his...
when his sister saw me she couldnt deny it and wanted to kee intouch with me...
he had his chance when he was invited too see me at the park but never turned up..... my mothers story too this has changed so many times and things she said have all been bad...
this has just made me more pushed just too find out what he is like!

you all have given such kind words ill keep you udated theres so much i need too ask i have been a mess since i found out and just need to understand

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If no one comes up with anything for you send me a pm because my sister and 2nd cousin have accounts with ancestry.com and genes reunited along with a couple of others, so i can ask them do search for you

The Red Cross can also help you, but i think you have to be 18?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the salvation army i asked too help they were useless!, they told me they can only hel if my mum and dad were married :/
which wasnt any good!
i may come for hel in a bit!
i know one of the sites ive found wont give adress's or numbers or anything unless i pay, but i cant figuer them out or anything so that would be the best thing really any help at all!
your a gem thanks xx

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

i know one of the sites ive found wont give adress's or numbers or anything unless i pay, but i cant figuer them out or anything so that would be the best thing really any help at all!
They'll be the sites that my siblings are on because they had to pay to get addresses etc...

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
cool :eek:
wow who would have thought that a forum would have sooo many helpfull people!
i love it here!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok ive traced births of an ivan tereasa and michael lilly too

Name DOB PLACE OF BIRTH

Ivan Lilly 1967 WELWYN GARDEN CITY, Hertfordshire, England

Teresa Lilly 1972 WELWYN GARDEN CITY, Hertfordshire, England

Michael Lilly 1970 WELWYN GARDEN CITY, Hertfordshire, England

anyone able too work with this?

Ivan lilly married in 1995 in basingstoke too somebody tigwell....

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I began trying to trace my sister's family tree, I ran into a lot of this. Her father didn't believe he was her father, so he didn't get to know her until she tracked him down in her teens. Then, he didn't reveal much about his history. He passed away in 2001.

I went to the online white pages and looked up every address with his last name then sent out letters explaining what I was trying to do. Many were not answered, some were returned as non-deliverable but others were hits
People who didn't know they had other family. Did something like this with a first cousin of mine. She was happy to find us, poor thing

My suggestion is to send out postal letters over a couple of months (as you can afford it) to the Lillys and Tigwells in that town. Someone will know someone who knows someone. Hopefully, your father will hear through the grapevine that you want to meet him. If this doesn't work, at least you will feel like you're doing something while waiting for other ideas to pop up.

Good luck!!

Edit: you are so lucky to have access to recent censuses over there. Here, the public has to wait 72 years for a census to come out. The 1940 wil lbe available to us in 2012.

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thankyou i hadnt thought of that... i dont know if we can get hold of adress's ill look it up and see!
omg dont understand why you cant get hold off census's thats silly

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
rosiemac can you try?
ive hit dead ends now and been up most the night pulling my hair out!

danp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey chrissy, send us an email or come on MSN, i might have addresses for Ivan and Teresa