*****KatKwiz! - April 9 - We're back!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The winner of the April 5th KatKwery was Kluchetta, who used the word of the day, gifts.

If you did not get the message, my desktop computer is now in a heap of rubble and I am now using a small laptop with only dial up. On April 18th I will be moving into a hotel for ten days and then on April 28th I will be moving into my new home. I am sure the latter will cause problems and we will have missing KatKwiz days but not if I can help it!

Since nobody won the KatKwiz last time, let's have an easy one.

Suppose you refer a new member and she/he does the proper thing to give you credit and then starts 100 threads in the Care & Grooming forum during the next six months, and does nothing else, how many points do YOU get, if any________

ronit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
you got me for 2 min !

Refer a friend - ask your friend to put your username down in the referral box in the registration form and you get 1000 points for bringing a new member to our community.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ronit

you got me for 2 min !
Will somebody please fill in the blank with the right number?
Just fill in the blank, please.
So we can get on with KatKwery.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Suppose you refer a new member, and she/he does the proper thing to give you credit, and then starts 100 threads in the Care & Grooming forum during the next 6 months, and does nothing else, how many points do YOU get, if any? 1000

i know someone already made this answer, but you seemed to want a blank filled in...

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Suppose you refer a new member and she/he does the proper thing to give you credit and then starts 100 threads in the Care & Grooming forum during the next six months, and does nothing else, how many points do YOU get, if any________

I got the same answer as
yam102284.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[/quote]

I thought it would be fun to give a question that had the answer right below the answer that nobody got Saturday. And according to my calculations, nobody got this one right either! I realize there could be some confusion on this one so I will wait until Anne or somebody comes along to make the final decision, but here is what Anne says:

Between the months of April and October, for every referred member, you get the same amount of points that they make. That means that for every post they make, you make 5 points as well and so on!

Since you get 15 points for starting a thread in the Care & Grooming forum, this would be 1500 + 1000 = 2500.

KatKwery Use the secret word and receive 700 points.

Do you have friends with cats? Have you told them about The Cat Site? Why not? Do you know how to make sure you get credit if they join?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some friends with cats, and several colleagues in my department at work who have them. I have told some of them about TCS, especially when they have a question or problem with their cat. I have to confess, though, that I don't tell everyone about it. It's mostly because I've told you all way, way more about myself and what's going on with me than I tend to tell the people I work with.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured out the 15 points per thread AFTER I had already posted. Darn, so close.

I have told people with cats about TCS. I've told them about the great advice and pictures that I've read and seen here, but I don't think anyone will join.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend with three cats. I tell her about TCS all the time. She would never join though because she thinks it's silly.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, my whole reason for coming to TCS was to find support concerning my new unforeseen-pregnant-pound-cat 3 years ago. We adopted her and 4 weeks later she delivered 4 beautiful kittens. Talk about the ultimate BOGO!

Since then I have found some valuable mentors and met wonderful people; it is nice to have a place to come where people are friendly, understanding and have a mutual respect for animals.

I dont really have anyone to refer to the site... I wish I did cuz then maybe I'd have someone to talk to in my non-virtual life! But I am always on the lookout for someone that might care enough.

I also belong to an online support group for Parents of Children with Cancer, and I have to say, although I value the championship from that group, I love the format of TCS and the way it is run. It is just fun to be here. It's a relaxing environment, and I value the break from my non-cyber world every now-and-again!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I thought it would be fun to give a question that had the answer right below the answer that nobody got Saturday. And according to my calculations, nobody got this one right either! I realize there could be some confusion on this one so I will wait until Anne or somebody comes along to make the final decision, but here is what Anne says:

Between the months of April and October, for every referred member, you get the same amount of points that they make. That means that for every post they make, you make 5 points as well and so on!

Since you get 15 points for starting a thread in the Care & Grooming forum, this would be 1500 + 1000 = 2500.

KatKwery Use the secret word and receive 700 points.

Do you have friends with cats? Have you told them about The Cat Site? Why not? Do you know how to make sure you get credit if they join?
where do you find that - the point thing, i mean - 'cause i looked everywhere i could think of...
as far as the KatKwery goes - i've told many cat owners &/or friends about the site. i have one friend that joined quite a long time ago, but i didn't know about referrals at the time, & i don't think she's ever posted here - i know her username, & i've never seen it.
i work at an elementary school - all of my students could tell you i love cats... so can all of the teachers. & when Cable was found 3.5 years ago in the middle of the street in front of our school, [kids saw her from the playground], the teacher who 'rescued' her brought her to me... no one else!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When our kittens were born I made little kitten passports and on the last page I wrote the tcs website down. I don't think anyone has joined, though!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

When our kittens were born I made little kitten passports and on the last page I wrote the tcs website down. I don't think anyone has joined, though!
Oh that's a good idea! I think I might use this idea at our shelter!!! I've made birth certificates of sorts before, with Willow's litter, but didnt think about adding a website. I like this concept. Ingenious!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

where do you find that - the point thing, i mean - 'cause i looked everywhere i could think of...
as far as the KatKwery goes - i've told many cat owners &/or friends about the site. i have one friend that joined quite a long time ago, but i didn't know about referrals at the time, & i don't think she's ever posted here - i know her username, & i've never seen it.
i work at an elementary school - all of my students could tell you i love cats... so can all of the teachers. & when Cable was found 3.5 years ago in the middle of the street in front of our school, [kids saw her from the playground], the teacher who 'rescued' her brought her to me... no one else!
That is what I was wondering too. I looked everywhere and only came up with 1000 pts for them signing up.

As for telling my friends, I have told a few and one of my friends from work joined and has posted here a few times. I love this site a visit on a daily basis. I love the kitten thread and love looking at the newborn kitties.

I have learned so much about my kitties from this site, even though I have had cats all my life!

mulenag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have several friends/family with cats, but they all think I'm nuts for chatting with strangers on web forums/boards. So, I doubt any of them would come here. I think people miss out from valuable information by not being open to places like this. I am also on a Newfoundland dog forum and have referred many fellow Newf owners there, but I don't think any have signed up. There isn't a cool point system over there like there is here though!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise