Please Help A Heartbroken Mom

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PLEASE HELP ME!!! THERE ARE NO WORDS TO describe how much my heart is hurting!!

Tonight I have a broken heart! Last night a woman apeared at my door with a leasing manager from my apartment complex, claiming that my precious Ms. Kit was her cat who disappeared 6 mos ago!

If anyone remembers my story, 6 mos ago, right after I was broken into, while still on the phone with the police dispatcher, I heard someone at the back door...the police dispatcher said to answer as it might be the police who were driving around my neighborhood looking for the guy who broke into my place. When I answered the door, there she was, this grey/black beautiful green eyed cat!

She came right in, made herself right at home and never, ever looked back! Even when she was in a ferocious heat, she never tried to get out! Never tried to find her way back home. She was so happy with me!

Ms Kitty has always behaved as though she had been abused or hurt and as it turned out, she was not grey, but PURE WHITE!!! SHE WAS FILTHY! She was also starved!

We've been through a lot since she adopted me....she's been so sick, constantly biting and scratching me. Everyone I know tried to get me to relinquish her or get rid of her, but I just loved her until she got better!

About a month ago I finally saved enough to get her spayed…it took a while because I live on a small fixed income from disability. It also took a lot of ramen noodles!!! (cheap eats!)

I can't stop crying…it hurts so bad! She told me that she disciplines her with a fly swatter! Last night, my Ms Kit was hostile the entire time she was here! I asked to keep her one more night to process all this, but it didn't ease the hurt atall.

She was so happy with me! Another stray moved in with me and they were getting to be such buds! It just breaks my heart!

She had to trick her into getting into the carrier, then when she got it zipped up, Ms. Kit looked at me with such betrayal in her eyes! By this time, I was sobbing! And begging her...

"Please don't take her away from me!!! Doesn't it matter that she's happy!? PLEASE DON'T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!"

How am I to get through this?! I pray she's safe and happy! I just love her so much. We've been through so much together...I never gave up on her and sure enough, she turned out to be wonderful! All it took waas a lotta love!!!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
umm unless this woman has proof this is her cat she can't take her away from you. Many many white cats look alike. Do not let this woman take your cat away. This cat belongs with you not that woman. Go back and get this cat back from her. Get the police involved if you have to. Someone would have to pry my cats out of my dead hands to take them away from me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell her you want the full fee for the spay and shots if she even wants to consider taking the cat. Do you have any pictures of the cat when she first came to you in poor shape? Chances are if that was her cat and that she couldn't even properly care for her the woman won't have the money or won't want to pay for the vet bills - which I hope you have proof of. (if not, go ask the vet to print them out for you)

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes gather all proof that this was your cat and you took care of her. Gather all vet bills pictures ect... This woman really had no right at all to take your cat away from you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your support & responses! I'm absolutely inconsolable

I did give her the invoice from her spaying= $128.00!!! I told her I must be reimbursed! But gosh...no amount of money could ever replace her or fill this hole in my heart!

She even brought over another kittin-3 wks old...to TRADE!!!!! While I'm glad she doesn't have this baby...who's she kidding!

BTW...I do have to learn to take care of this little angel, now.

I also asked for vet papers; she claims Ms Kit has a siezure disorder and has Klonopin ordered for it! I've nevr seen a siezure and the vet told me if she did have this disorder, it would have shown up with one of the meds used dueing her surgery, & that klonopin is not used for cats and siezure disorders.

Her response to my request was to tell me that the leasing office has the papers which were faxed from the vet's office. She also informed me that the leasing agent and the police came to my door to get her today! I had to go to get my vet papers and buy kitty formula for the baby as well as a baby bottle.

I was also told that the office was giving me a 5 day eviction notice if I didn't turn Ms Kit over to her today! How in the world could they do that!? I belaong to prepaid legal Services and I plan to call them in the morn as well as the office!

I never saw this coming!!!

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone walk me through posting pictures...I'd love to show off my beautiful girls! THANKS!

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PLEASE HELP ME!!! THERE ARE NO WORDS TO describe how much my heart is hurting!!

HI ALL, I posted this in another forum, but I wanted to include it here because I'm really having a hard time with this!

My heart hurts so bad....this is a tremendous loss for me!

Tonight I have a broken heart! Last night a woman apeared at my door with a leasing manager from my apartment complex, claiming that my precious Ms. Kit was her cat who disappeared 6 mos ago!

If anyone remembers my story, 6 mos ago, right after I was broken into, while still on the phone with the police dispatcher, I heard someone at the back door...the police dispatcher said to answer as it might be the police who were driving around my neighborhood looking for the guy who broke into my place. When I answered the door, there she was, this grey/black beautiful green eyed cat!

She came right in, made herself right at home and never, ever looked back! Even when she was in a ferocious heat, she never tried to get out! Never tried to find her way back home. She was so happy with me!

Ms Kitty has always behaved as though she had been abused or hurt and as it turned out, she was not grey, but PURE WHITE!!! SHE WAS FILTHY! She was also starved!

We've been through a lot since she adopted me....she's been so sick, constantly biting and scratching me. Everyone I know tried to get me to relinquish her or get rid of her, but I just loved her until she got better!

About a month ago I finally saved enough to get her spayed…it took a while because I live on a small fixed income from disability. It also took a lot of ramen noodles!!! (cheap eats!)

I can't stop crying…it hurts so bad! She told me that she disciplines her with a fly swatter! Last night, my Ms Kit was hostile the entire time she was here! I asked to keep her one more night to process all this, but it didn't ease the hurt atall.

She was so happy with me! Another stray moved in with me and they were getting to be such buds! It just breaks my heart!

She had to trick her into getting into the carrier, then when she got it zipped up, Ms. Kit looked at me with such betrayal in her eyes! By this time, I was sobbing! And begging her...

"Please don't take her away from me!!! Doesn't it matter that she's happy!? PLEASE DON'T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME!"

How am I to get through this?! I pray she's safe and happy! I just love her so much. We've been through so much together...I never gave up on her and sure enough, she turned out to be wonderful! All it took waas a lotta love!!!

[B]I did give her the invoice from her spaying= $128.00!!! I told her I must be reimbursed! But gosh...no amount of money could ever replace her or fill this hole in my heart!

She even brought over another kittin-3 wks old...to TRADE!!!!! While I'm glad she doesn't have this baby...who's she kidding!

BTW...I do have to learn to take care of this little angel, now.

I also asked for vet papers; she claims Ms Kit has a siezure disorder and has Klonopin ordered for it! I've nevr seen a siezure and the vet told me if she did have this disorder, it would have shown up with one of the meds used dueing her surgery, & that klonopin is not used for cats and siezure disorders.

Her response to my request was to tell me that the leasing office has the papers which were faxed from the vet's office. She also informed me that the leasing agent and the police came to my door to get her today! I had to go to get my vet papers and buy kitty formula for the baby as well as a baby bottle.

I was also told that the office was giving me a 5 day eviction notice if I didn't turn Ms Kit over to her today! How in the world could they do that!? I belaong to prepaid legal Services and I plan to call them in the morn as well as the office!
[/b]

I never saw this coming!!!

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The leasing office is NOT a legal entity and has no more right trying to enforce this on you than trying to arrest you. Get the police on your side to make HER prove it's her cat. Without a microchip or something, she may have no way of proving anything!

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have no advice for you,but I am truly sorry you have to go thru this.I am sure it is very hard and heartbreaking,as well as stressful.I hope things can be worked out and the cat is returned to you.

I agree with what the others said.Get the lady to proove the cat was/is hers.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like this other woman is nuts and is trying to bully you. As others have said, if she cannot prove this cat is hers, she cannot take it. And you should gather as much proof as possible of the care you have given her. Talk to legal services. They cannot evict you for having this cat unless having pets is against the rules and then five days is against the law in most places.

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wouldnt have even let the woman in my apt, let alone take my cat. she sounds like a scam artist.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I know this is hard for you, but why did you let this woman take the cat?? The leasing office is NOT a legal authority and can not order you to give up your cat to this woman. Even if she showed up with the police, they could not order you to give up your cat to her, unless there was 100% proof that the cat you had was hers. In most cases, it would be a civil matter that would have to be handled in court. I am so sorry this had happened to you, I hope you can get Ms Kitty back into your loving home.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there would be no way I would have handed Ms Kitty over to her unless she had solid concrete proof

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Please describe how this woman found out that you had "her" cat? She really had no authority to take her from you. Go get a police officer and show him your vet bills pictures and see if he will help you! You must do something to get your cat back.

scarecrow2007

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope this works....I've never done it successfully...here are a few of my girls! Peanut sure misses her sister! She won't leave me alone and she's looking all over for her!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
your furbabies are lovely
i agree w/everyone else - make her show proof.
if pets are allowed at your apartment, they're not going to kick you out on her say-so.
the law is most likely on your side, unless the cat is microchipped - you paid for the vet visits, been feeding her, etc. tell the woman this [assuming she manages to get someone of proper authority to take the cat away from you]: you will be suing her in small claims court for not only the spay bill, but vax bills, any other vet bills, plus food & board for the period of time you've had her.
she probably doesn't want the cat badly enough to pay all of that - after all, she didn't even bother having her spayed [& there are obviously other intact females under her 'care' if she had access to a 3 week old kitten
].

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Um, that cats looks like a million others.

Unless she has proof, you had no reason to give up your cat. Legally, she was yours.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Exactly! That cat does look like every other white cat. She might as well go steal my sister's white cat.