litter tray's!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all 4 of my cat's are litter trained. however, Sparkle & Glamorous stopped using it (as they were going outside to do it). i have now decided to have all my cat's as indoor cat's, & was wondering will they go back to using it straight away with no help?

also, how many litter tray's would you suggest for 4 cat's?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know that most people say a tray for each cat plus 1 extra, i guess that or 4 large ones.

sparkle and glamorous should work out that is where they need to go. you could always start with one tray having soil in it, so they are familiar with using that in the garden, and then transfer over to your normal litter.

good luck!

wendyr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think you will probably be amazed at how quickly they will remember the litter box! It is a cat's instinct to bury their waste, so litter boxes provide the ideal way to do this in a house!

There are a few ways you can make sure they do go though. First, as someone else said, there is the soil trick (if you use your own garden soil, just make sure to sterilise it in the oven first!). There are also products like Cat Attract which I know lots of people have had success with (an additive you put in the box). Our kittens were feral kittens, so I was really worried about them using the box - but all I did was put the box in it's spot, sat next to it and scratched the litter when they were looking. It got their attention and they came over to investigate. Within minutes, they were all using it like champs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i know that most people say a tray for each cat plus 1 extra, i guess that or 4 large ones.

sparkle and glamorous should work out that is where they need to go. you could always start with one tray having soil in it, so they are familiar with using that in the garden, and then transfer over to your normal litter.

good luck!
Originally Posted by wendyr

I think you will probably be amazed at how quickly they will remember the litter box! It is a cat's instinct to bury their waste, so litter boxes provide the ideal way to do this in a house!

There are a few ways you can make sure they do go though. First, as someone else said, there is the soil trick (if you use your own garden soil, just make sure to sterilise it in the oven first!). There are also products like Cat Attract which I know lots of people have had success with (an additive you put in the box). Our kittens were feral kittens, so I was really worried about them using the box - but all I did was put the box in it's spot, sat next to it and scratched the litter when they were looking. It got their attention and they came over to investigate. Within minutes, they were all using it like champs.
thank's, i'll see how they get on!