new kitty information!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just need abit of advice really. i collected a kitty today, from a lady with 11 dog's. she didn't get on with the dog's, & the lady said she should be fine with cat's. i introduced her to my other three when i got in, Sassy (the new one) keep's hiding LOL! how long do you think it'll take for her to settle? she's my oldest girl now of three, Sparkle's nearly 14 month's, Glamorous is 1 the end of this month, & there's little Izzy who's not even 7 month's yet. Izzy's a Bengal so she's very loud LOL!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on Sassy's own personality, the way the others will react to her and how you handle the introductions.

Sassy now needs to feel safe. Let her stay hidden and separated from the others. Once she shows more curiosity than fear, you can slowly begin the introductions. Check the stickies above. Good luck!

okiron

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some are instantly, some take a month or more. Depends on the cats. It might take her longer because she's a bit older but that's not always the case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

It depends on Sassy's own personality, the way the others will react to her and how you handle the introductions.

Sassy now needs to feel safe. Let her stay hidden and separated from the others. Once she shows more curiosity than fear, you can slowly begin the introductions. Check the stickies above. Good luck!
Originally Posted by okiron

Some are instantly, some take a month or more. Depends on the cats. It might take her longer because she's a bit older but that's not always the case.
thank's, both of you!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If all the cats you have are female, it may take awhile! Females tend to be more territorial and upset when new cats come in; especially if its another female.

So be patient. I'd isolate the newcomer with her own food, water, litter pan and slowly introduce them. There are threads in here on introducing cats.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did yours react to her?

Farley and Ana came home together and I put them right with Demetri, none of them hissed or anything. Farley would only eat under the bed but he came out to play and use the litter so I left them to it and just fed him under the bed.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

How did yours react to her?

Farley and Ana came home together and I put them right with Demetri, none of them hissed or anything. Farley would only eat under the bed but he came out to play and use the litter so I left them to it and just fed him under the bed.
well, Sparkle & Glamorous keep hissing. Izzy's not bothered at all! Sassy's slowly coming round now, she's been hiding most of the day. she did come out for some food a little while ago, & she's getting slightly more daring each time. am going to leave her to it, she'll come round when she feel's ready to!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she'll be fine in a little while
You might want to give them all some rescue remedy to help calm them a bit.

ibelonginthezoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In July, my family adopted 2 kittens who were then 1 month and 3 months. Although we adopted them on the same day, we did not bring them home on the same day. Cali, the 1 month old, was too little to be spayed, so she came home with us the same day. Ripley, on the other hand, had to wait 3 or 4 days untill she was able to come home.

When Ripley finally came home, she was just fine with Cali. BUT Cali was NOT happy about Ripley. Since Cali hissed everytime Ripley got near, Ripley started to hiss everytime Cali got near. They did NOT get along. So the first few days were BAD!!!!!!! I didnt think they would EVER get along.

Soon, they started hissing less and less and getting along more and more. Untill finally, after about a week or so, they became friends. Now they are best friends.

Hopefully, if you just give it time, things will work out. Good Luck!!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the Cat. Coco my 16 year old Cat is great with new Cats. Meeko was fine with Oreo too. Sasha hissed but they became friends. All my Cats get along well.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the future don't just put them all together when you have a new cat, do proper introductions just in case.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

In the future don't just put them all together when you have a new cat, do proper introductions just in case.
yeh thank's, will do!