Hello!

diablo2k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new here. I have a new cat, named Isis, I was told by the vet she is a Flame Tip Siamese and she does look like the pics I have seen on the net of them however I doubt she is a pure bred as she was a stray.
My sister found this cat for me from a friend at work, they found the cat abandoned and bottle fed her till it was big enough to kitten food. The cat is very lovable, sometimes too lovable but I put up with it.
I am on disability for major depression and my therapist suggested I get a cat to help me from getting overly lonely, which has helped alot. My landlord demanded the cat be fixed before I brought it home so she has been spayed.
The only real problem I have is that I have to constantly sweep the bathroom floor as she gets litter all over. I have an inclosed Litterbox but the door it came with did not fit well so I leave it off.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! You have found the best cat site around!

We have a lot of support and advice to give here. Our members are always ready and willing to help you or just chat with you. We also have a game called KatKwiz (cat quiz), designed for newcomers just like yourself, which teaches you things about The Cat Site and also allows you to win lots of points. (It also teaches you what points are.) Just click on the here link below to learn more. Glad you decided to join us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TheCatSite

I am so glad that you and Isis have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. Please make yourself at home.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!!!! I'm glad your therapist told you to get a cat, she's one smart lady!
Cats are a great additon to any home and I'm so glad you have one if yours. You will have to post some pictures of her!

See you in the forums!
I know you'll love it here!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to The Cat Site!

My kitty is flame-tipped too. I would love to see pics of your cat!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & Welcome to the Cat Site!

Can't wait to hear more & see photos of Isis!

Best Wishes to you both! Hope you enjoy the forums

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diablo2k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Hi! Welcome to The Cat Site!

My kitty is flame-tipped too. I would love to see pics of your cat!
First I want to say Thanks for the very warm welcome!

I would love to be able to post some pics but I don't have a camera. I have been wanting to get one for a while now but just haven't had the opertunity to get one.

I am really pleased I went ahead and got a cat, I was hesitant as because of my disability I would not be able to care for her properly. But Isis has brought alot of much needed smiles into my life and I simply refuse to let her down. I take better care of her then I do myself
. Theres simply no way to look into her blue eyes and not smile.

Here is a pic I took with my cell phone, not a very good quality pic but its all I got.

My sister got me an Easter basket and after I took all the candy out Isis thought it was a bed for her.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Diablo2k

I am really pleased I went ahead and got a cat, I was hesitant as because of my disability I would not be able to care for her properly. But Isis has brought alot of much needed smiles into my life and I simply refuse to let her down. I take better care of her then I do myself
. Theres simply no way to look into her blue eyes and not smile.

Here is a pic I took with my cell phone, not a very good quality pic but its all I got.

My sister got me an Easter basket and after I took all the candy out Isis thought it was a bed for her.
Your Isis looks a lot like my Nova! (Nova was also a stray, probably also a Siamese-mix?) What pretty girls we have!

I know what you mean about bringing smiles into your life... when I'm having a bad time, my little cat is a great comfort!

Here is a photo of my flame-tip, looking like Isis's long-lost kitty twin
:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diablo2k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Been away for a while. Me and Isis have been doing really well. Her first birthday is coming up soon, estimated about Nov. 1st. I dont have a Vet, like I said earlier I am on disability and I am wondering how important it was to get her checked out. She had her shots and was spayed in mid January. She is purly an indoor cat, only been out of the apartment once sense I got her home and I was just showing her off to the landlady. I see no evidence of worms or fleas which I am grateful for. She is bright and energetic, she is alot bigger now but she isn't overweight ( I dont think anyway).

I only really have 2 problems, one is she has started shedding and her hair is everywhere. is there any special combs or anything I can use to help with this? (Links would be greatly apreaceated.)

Also she has my box springs all torn up fram clawing. I can't blame her as I really haven't gotten anyhting else for her to claw at. I have read on here about "Softpaws?" I seen some pics of them and they look like little covers for her claws, are these really any good, how often will they need replacing?

I have really been wanting to get her a climbing tree but just aint had the extra money. I will be moving soon and I want to get the clawing and shedding problems delt with before hand.

Thanks!