white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita & Bea were to the vet today.

Bea's either got one of two things going on:
1) She drinks too much water
2) She's in renal failure.

In the event of #2, I have to call the lady who wants to adopt her & give her the choice. Adopt her & deal with renal failure, or else I euthanize Bea.

Damita, she's got infection going somewhere in her body. She's been on anti-biotics for awhile for a URI. But she still has a fever.
Different anti-biotic, two toes are slightly swollen (paw pads actuall). My vet called the other one & asked what tests were ran & between the two they have no idea what's going on.

On the bright side, attacking the vet is the most active I've seen her in weeks.
She hasn't lost any weight either, but her pain responses are really poor, it's like I wish I could afford the MRI for her, or that it would do any good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just frusterating. First we had to hack off Bea's toes again. Then I had to do 21 days of meds for her, in addition to forcing her to eat a diet she hates. She's got to see my cats under the doors, and the dogs come in the office from time to time (they occaisonally have to). She hates the other animals. Then I made her stay at the vet's for 2 hours until they could get a urine sample. Now she has to stay at the vet's overnight. They at least set her up in their grooming room, where she has a small room to herself & is nowhere near any other animals.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Oh, Nat, I am SOOOO sorry. You are just dealing with one thing after another. I am praying on both accounts.
mega & on their way for Bea & Damita Mae!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so terribly sorry to hear that you and those precious kitties are having such a tough time. sending mega to all of you.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those girls are fighters!!

That being said, here's some mega that they are both comfortable and don't suffer whatever the outcome.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh my stomach is in knots. I couldn't sleep....waiting to hear on Bea. No idea when the vet will call, hopefully around noon.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bea update!

They have to withhold water for 10 hours, then get a urine sample. She had an empty bladder this am, so they've got to keep her another night. She's doing well, at least, nowhere near other animals. (In all honesty, she's probably happier there than here, she's far away from animals while at the vet)