Jewel....bettter known as "little black cat"

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the year and a half that I've had her, you couldn't ask for a sweeter kitty. Never loud, never complaining.....and definitely a mommy's girl. She loved to lay on mommy when mommy was in the bed or on the couch. She had a wonderful sense when something was bothering me or Charlie, and was there to give love and companionship.

We've always known that her life would be shortened, you see, she's one of our FeLv+ babies. She started a downhill slide about two weeks ago, and nothing that has been done for her has done any good. She really went downhill Sunday and yesterday morning....by the time we got to her vet appointment yesterday afternoon she was already semi-comatose. We discussed our options, and since she was that far gone, the vet agreed that unless she started showing signs of distress that she could come home to die in peace.

In all honesty, I expected her to be gone this afternoon when I came home from work, so I told her goodbye early this morning. But she was still hanging on when we got here, so I picked her up and held her like so many days before........she breathed her last breath in her meowmy's arms just a few minutes ago.

I told her about the Bridge, and about Rusty, Rurnt and Gizzy being there to welcome her, and that there were many, many TCS kitties there to meet her too, and not to worry that meowmy would be there to be with her again someday soon.

RIP, my sweet little black cat, meowmy will always love you.

One of the best pics I have of her.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks......with these guys, you know its coming sooner, rather than later, but still, its' hard to prepare for it....and like Katiemae and I were talking, it seems like every FeLv kitty either of us has ever met is just the sweetest cat.....possibly because they're trying to fit a lot of loving in a short lifespan?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

and like Katiemae and I were talking, it seems like every FeLv kitty either of us has ever met is just the sweetest cat.....possibly because they're trying to fit a lot of loving in a short lifespan?
this is so true, Cindy
I'm so sorry for your loss of Jewel, she was a beautiful little girl
I'm so glad she got to pass to the rainbow bridge in your arms, I know that is a great comfort to me. There will lots of friends waiting for you Jewel, and you will be healthy and happy forever

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing Jewel. I am glad that you gave her a whole lifetime of love and cuddles, even if that time was too short. Farewell, Jewel - play happily over RB, where FeLv doesn't exist

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss of beautiful Jewel. Our deepest condolences. She is so lucky to have known you (and vice-versa). She was blessed to have such a caring person in her life and to be with her as she passed over to the RB. She will be watching over you know with all of those who have gone before.

Rest in Peace sweet Jewel.
Run free sweet angel and play with all of the friends waiting for you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
she was well-named - a lovely as a jewel, indeed!
during this painful loss...

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm so sorry for your loss but so happy to know that jewel spent her last moments in your arms. it sounds like she waited for you, she depended on you so much and needed you with her in those final moments. what an amazing bond that will span rainbow bridge and link you and jewel for eternity.

RIP precious soul.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewel was such a beautiful black kitty
Rest in peace Precious Jewel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buried my sweet girl this afternoon, underneath the oak tree next to Little Bit who passed from FeLv in May of 2005. Play happily my little black cat....until we meet again.