Ring Tones may cause violence...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This lady I work with is a bit older than I. She's definitely the socialite of the workplace and pretty high up.

Unfortunately for me, her office is just outside of my cubical. When she is in the office, she's on her cell phone for about 5 hours of the 7 hour day she works. the girl in the cubical next to me totally understands and we joke how we're secretly her "best friend" (the lady talks loud and gets personnel).

Apparently this weekend she downloaded a new ring tone for text messaging. Which made me come very close to taking a sledge hammer to it.
The ring tone was a bike bell, you remember those?

Well someone decided to text message her ALL DAY and that stupid ring tone kept ringing

OK I just had to get that off my chest

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate phones, if I get by without having one at all I would. I see it all of the time at work with people texting all night long. What in the heck is so important that you have to spend every minute of the day texting and talking on the phone? I like my peace and quiet.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I am around other people, I put my phone on vibrate or silent so that I don't annoy them with it ringing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't like phones... I prefer to be left alone.

Last Saturday I went shopping with my MIL and some of DH's family (his aunt is getting married). While eating lunch DH's cousin and her friend were sitting there texting. I can't be the only person who sees something seriously wrong with talking/texting while at the table...

(great, now I have Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer stuck in my head...
)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't there a human resources dept. where you could lodge an anonymous complaint?? That is not only annoying, it is detrimental to your work environment
Plus, if she's that available for so much personal stuff, then she either needs more work or fewer hours

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Last Saturday I went shopping with my MIL and some of DH's family (his aunt is getting married). While eating lunch DH's cousin and her friend were sitting there texting. I can't be the only person who sees something seriously wrong with talking/texting while at the table...
Many companies are banning them from the meeting room as well. Heck I remember one meeting I sat through with our customer recently and they were texting/emailing during the ENTIRE MEETING. Ummm...we're building things for you, you may need to pay attention.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Many companies are banning them from the meeting room as well. Heck I remember one meeting I sat through with our customer recently and they were texting/emailing during the ENTIRE MEETING. Ummm...we're building things for you, you may need to pay attention.
I had a boss who would answer hers while she was conducting the meeting. She would talk for several minutes and it was the biggest waste of company resources.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find that nowadays people are being less considerate of others. Cellphones are not helping. I usually tell the cell user straight on when they're bothering me. It's the only way to make them stop or go away.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear you! I can't stand cell phones period, but those ring tones are blinking annoying! I've actually started telling people that their ring tones are annoying! LOL

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I find that nowadays people are being less considerate of others. Cellphones are not helping. I usually tell the cell user straight on when they're bothering me. It's the only way to make them stop or go away.
Yes, they've bred a whole new generation of extremely rude people. The other day I was walking from the hair dresser to the vet's office and I had to stop and take a rest break. It's still winter here so I went into a McDonald's and decided to have some lunch. There was a guy sitting 3 tables away from me and he was constantly on his cell phone. If it wasn't ringing, he was dialing. And he was chowing down while talking on the phone. And man! Was he ever loud! I couldn't stand it anymore and everyone kept looking at him too. Finally I just told him "Do you need to talk so loudly?" He toned it down for about a total of 30 seconds and then back up to top volume again. If I had been the manager of the restaurant I would have asked him to leave.

I swear, I'm going to buy myself one of those signal jammers one day, even if they are illegal to have. At least I won't have to put up with stupid rude people.

So far as cell phones in the work place, you should talk to the boss. She is taking advantage of company time for personal business, and she is either not getting all of her work done, or she doesn't have enough work to do and needs more.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I put mine on vibrate out in public. What I find annoying is when you're eating out and all you hear is a cell phone going off then people talk with their mouth full of half chewed food!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

or she doesn't have enough work to do and needs more.
I can just imagine what anyones boss would say to being told that.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

I love mocking those people too! One day I was actually on my cell phone in a store and a sales associate made an announcement over the store speakers. I stood there for the 15 seconds waiting the announcement to end, then told my friend (and loud enough for the others in the aisle to hear me)

"OMG How. Rude. Don't they know that people are having important conversations here on their cell phones? Sheesh...so anyways I was talking with Brad about his girlfriend"
I got a few chuckles.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh that really sucks - have you tried talking to her about it? Tell her that it's disturbing the work that you have to do. Tell her to at least put it on vibrate during office hours....

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Well someone decided to text message her ALL DAY and that stupid ring tone kept ringing
the respect to each others should be always and not anoy to anyone with discusting sounds!....
Some people are unconcious....

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I swear, I'm going to buy myself one of those signal jammers one day, even if they are illegal to have. At least I won't have to put up with stupid rude people.
why are they illegal, anyway? as long as you're not preventing public services from taking place, wouldn't that be just as much your right as it is someone else's to use his/her cell phone?

So far as cell phones in the work place, you should talk to the boss. She is taking advantage of company time for personal business, and she is either not getting all of her work done, or she doesn't have enough work to do and needs more.
i agree - if you can lodge an anonymous complaint, then do so. other wise, speak to her directly. sometimes my mom actually forgets to turn her ringer off.... or back on after church or whatever!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Fortunately I no longer work for her. This is actually one of her more minor offenses. She is one of the most abusive bosses and HR knew about it all and can't seem to do anything about her except move her to a position where she has no direct reports. We think she is blackmailing some of the higher management.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well either someone else told her or she got annoyed. No more brrrring-brrring today (TG!)