Need some advice

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am getting ready to move, with the kitties of course, and we will be staying in a hotel for 2 nights. Now, my question is, should get a cheap litter box for those 2 nights or get disposable litter boxes, 1 for each night? I have a automatic litter box so that will be packed on the truck until I get moved into the new place. I just wasn't sure because a cheap litter box would be a lot less waste, but I would have to haul it in my car, after being used, for about 4.5 hours. A disposable litter box would not have the dirty issue, but would be a lot more waste whenever I leave the hotel. So, what do you all think?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd use the disposable boxes, beats having a dirty box riding around in the car. You could always throw away the disposable box yourself rather than having the hotel do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. That was the way I was leaning too and then thought, hmm, who better to ask than cat people.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before you get either (I say the disposible one), put one of them down with litter now and be sure they will use it! Some cats don't care what you have the litter in; others are picky and may refuse to use a box they don't like.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we travel with our kitties we use a temporary litter box and have it in the car in case they want to go potty on the drive. I carry bags and scooper so I can scoop immediately after use.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

We used the disposibles each time we moved (3 times 2000+ miles each time) and the kitties were so desperate to go they were happy to use it.
That's what I was hoping
. Thanks everyone for your advice! I just didn't want to travel with a stinky litter box-- it's bad enough that Petunia is going to pee as soon as she gets in the crate and the car starts

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Before you get either (I say the disposible one), put one of them down with litter now and be sure they will use it! Some cats don't care what you have the litter in; others are picky and may refuse to use a box they don't like.
My cats are ok with pretty much everything. They have had multiple litters and litter boxes so I think they will be ok.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

When we travel with our kitties we use a temporary litter box and have it in the car in case they want to go potty on the drive. I carry bags and scooper so I can scoop immediately after use.
Since it's not that long of a drive, I am going to try and get them to hold it until we gt there. I am terrified that they will try to run off if I let them out to pee. They are, of course, really stressed when they are in the crate and tend to run as soon as I let them out.