Snow, my approximately 9-10 month old female kitty has not been spayed yet. It was put off in the past because she had chronic diaherra from from the time I got her last December until about early March. She has FINALLY got over that, and hopefully it won't come back because the vets were never sure of what was causing it. After that I put off the spay surgery because she had a runny nose and was sneezing. It seemed all last week that she was better from that, so I scheduled an appointment to get her spayed later this week. However, yesterday it seemed she was again sneezing and had a runny nose. Other than that she seems fine: eating and playing normally. Is it okay to get her fixed even under the sneezing and runny nose conditions? I have heard it's risky to put them under anesthesia with URIs. I feel like I've just been putting it off and putting it off and she's almost 10 monthsâ€¦ I don't think she's ever "REALLY" been in heat (if she has been, she hasn't been meowing, rolling around, etc.. like I've heard they'll do). But I don't want to wait too long to have her surgery because I'm planning a big move in the next couple months and I want her to have her spayed and healed by then. What should I do? Should I keep her spay appointment?
post #1 of 7
4/8/08 at 9:45am