And you thought *your* cat was food-motivated!

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Saturday night, I made vegetable soup for dinner and bought some Cheddar Goldfish crackers to go with it. Later, my boyfriend and I were watching "Saturday Night Live," and during the commercial, he went to the kitchen to get more crackers. Oliver came running into the kitchen, meowed, and gave Matt his best "I'm a hungry kitty, please give me some" look. Matt ignored him and went into the living room with the box, Oliver followed him, and when Matt went to sit down, Oliver charged him and head-butted his leg.

Of course, after all this drama about wanting a cracker, when I finally gave him one, he sniffed it, licked the salt off, and walked away.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
of course!!!! he just wanted to try whatever you guys were having!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have found that just letting them sniff it discourages them. They don't seem so excited about it afterwards.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Creativgirl

Of course, after all this drama about wanting a cracker, when I finally gave him one, he sniffed it, licked the salt off, and walked away.
Now you know Oliver does not care for those crackers. You can eat them in peace.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how typical! milo is a great one for insisting that he checks out what we are eating, just like a royal taster i like to think!