Shredding Toilet paper?

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! So, my kitten (actually a year old now, but he'll always be my kitten.
) has found a new game of standing on the toilet seat and kneading the Toilet Paper roll, thus shredding it and putting big holes through the whole roll. Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you know if there's any way to prevent it, besides buying one of those metal roll covers? This is so weird.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd prolly make sure you close the toilet door if possible.

I know my two just can't resist if the door is open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So what would reversing the roll direction do?

And I can't close the door to the bathroom b/c it leads to the laundry room where one litter box is. I've caught him doing it in MY bathroom and told him "no" and haven't seen him do it there recently. Though, I just discovered that he did it in the bathroom leading to the laundry room. *sigh*

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are anything like me, I couldn't help but giggle when I caught Maia doing this! She really is simply trying to get my attention, and did very well! I actually had to catch this display.......

Then funny enough, she started cleaning up after herself....

I started putting paper in the holder backwards, it works! Less easy for them to unroll it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our animals are not allowed in our bathrooms, that eliminates the problem of toilet paper shredding
Can you keep the door to your bathroom shut when you're not using it?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine only attack plain white toilet paper, so I simply buy the patterned one and it's not a problem

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In those pictures the roll is facing the cat so its easy to unroll. If you reverse the roll, the cat would be in the front pawing it and it would not unroll.

If that doesn't work, you can get a clear cover that would prevent the cat from getting to the roll.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried reversing the roll last night because Daphne cannot resist the TP. She still managed to unroll it overnight. I just keep the roll in the cabinet by the sink. Doesn't really bother me. For guests, well ... I'm sure they think I am looney tunes

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Mine only attack plain white toilet paper, so I simply buy the patterned one and it's not a problem
That's funny!

Ok, here's what I did and it was super cheap and effective. Go buy a 2 liter of pop or something. When it's empty cut of the top and bottom leaving a tube the same width of the roll. Then cut it length wise and slip it over the paper. You can still use the roll while this is on but the kitty claws can't get into it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has happened to me before, all bathroom doors stay shut now - no cats allowed

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That's funny!

Ok, here's what I did and it was super cheap and effective. Go buy a 2 liter of pop or something. When it's empty cut of the top and bottom leaving a tube the same width of the roll. Then cut it length wise and slip it over the paper. You can still use the roll while this is on but the kitty claws can't get into it.
Gonna try this! Thanks
Will break her little heart though

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Gonna try this! Thanks
Will break her little heart though
Wickett forgot all about the TP after awhile. We don't have to keep them covered now and he ignores them. I couldn't shut them out because the laundry/bath on the first floor is also their food & potty room and also, the bathroom is one of the places that Wickett loves to be with me. Captive audience and all that.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just keep the toilet paper in a little basket on the counter next to the toilet. Otherwise Go Go has a wonderful party with it. She can unroll it even when it unrolls next to the wall.

I used to keep the roll on the counter, but then I had a foster kitty that just knocked it off on the floor and chased it all over the apartment. She was cute, but I got tired of cleaning it up!

Those pictures of Maia cleaning up her own mess are just adorable!

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just left mine on the counter also. it would drive me insane because my mom would come over, use my potty and put my tp on the roll even tho i REPEATEDLY asked her not to. about 20 min after mom would come out, id have confetti. thankfully, chloe only did this for about 3 mos so i guess its a fast phase.

i never kept chloe out of the bathroom because she liked to dig hairballs out of my drain. she once dug a 20ft (no exaggeration) hairball out that id been trying to get campus maintenance to tackle for 6mos! however it was quite a nasty thing to wake up to find lol

she still lilkes to spin the tp rolls on the tp holder while theyre empty. she doesnt like them once you take them off the holder

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That's funny!

This is a great idea! I'll definitely try it!

baby-freckles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Smudge isnt allowed in the bathroom, but a few weeks back, after our monthly shop we bought some tissues, and when I woke up the next morning the sofa was covered in shredded tissue! I found it amusing! We now keep our tissues out of her reach!