or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › daffodils?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Are daffodils poisonous to cats?

I just bought some little cut daffodils and Miko was smelling them.

How much should I keep her away from them?
Are they poisonous like lilies?

Or could she just throw up if she happened to eat a whole bunch of them?
post #2 of 3
IMO I'd keep the flowers out of reach of the cats. I think its the bulb type of flowers (the bulb part) that would be poisoneous. Someone has the link for poisoneous plants and their parts.
post #3 of 3
Daffodils are poisonous to cats. (Also amaryllis, tulip, wisteria, and especially the bulbs of these plants.)


According to the Cornell Book of Cats eating the plant causes gastric irritation, violent vomiting and nausea. It may also cause central nervous system excitement followed by depression, coma, or death in severe cases.

Please don't take any chances, keep the daffodils away from the kitties.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › daffodils?